greatdeabate
Cezar

In the tv series "Dexter", do you think what he was doing was "right"?

Cezar

greatdeabate

Pro

So, quick intro, Dexter, if you haven't watched the show, is about a man called Dexter (wow, bet you didn't see that coming), who tortures then kills criminal serial killers who he believes has escaped justice.

Well I think what dexter was doing was right.

You see the people in the show are evil, and deserve what they get.
The government aren't doing anything, someone has to step up and make them pay.
I think his methods, of torture are a bit extreme.
But overall, those criminals deserve what they get
Cezar

Con

As the Proposition said today, we are actually talking about a man who was harming people. My first argument is based on today's society, a democratic society!
Dexter is just another member of a democratic society, and that means he can't harm people, bad or good, because the democracy is based on equality! Dexter has the same rights as every bad guy that he is harming. What does actually Dexter does is taking the lives of bad people, but does Dexter have this right? NO! Dexter is not a divine justice, so he can't decide their punishment.
The Proposition told us that the people in the show are evil, and deserve what they get, BUT who is Dexter? Is he a man specially chosen to select bad people to good people, or is he specially chosen to kill that people? NO! So he has no right in doing what he does, so what he does is no right...
Furthermore, as the Proposition said, he tortures the criminals before killing them... and said again that they deserve it, but we ask the Proposition, is today accepted the death penalty? NO! There is no such thing as an official man employed for killing men sentenced to death... so why would we have one which is not even official? Is that right?
So at the end the Opposition is asking he Proposition to explain why is Dexter different to other people? Why would he have the right to decide other people's life length? And doesn't all he does make him a killer too?
greatdeabate

Pro

greatdeabate forfeited this round.
Cezar

Con

As long as my opponent has forfeited this round I assume he came in agreement with me! :)
greatdeabate

Pro

greatdeabate forfeited this round.
Cezar

Con

In conclusion vote the Opposition!
Posted by The_Serb 2 years ago
The_Serb
did you enjoy watching the torture scenes?
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
So I read the title of the debate and think "How the f*** is someone complaining about Dexter's Laboratory. It's just a silly kids show."

Then I read....

I'm actually disturbed...
Posted by ScrinTech 2 years ago
ScrinTech
Good to know
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
greatdeabateCezarTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.