loomynarty
Ameliamk1

In theory, Communism is the best system of government

loomynarty

Pro

Firstly, thank you for acceting this debate. I believe that in reality, communism as a whole leaves much to be desired. however, if we ignored the proverbia elephant in the room, being man's aptness to abuse power, would communism be better than democracy? I believe it would. This is a theoretical debate, not nessesarily a practical one. To whomever accepts, please make an opening statement and we will commence. Thank you!

My opening statement:
The battle between communism and democracy has been, no doubt a bloody one. Vietnam, as well as other examples woven in history example this truth. However, is communism in its theory, a bad form of government? I believe it is not. Rather, in theory, it is even superior to democracy.
Ameliamk1

Con

I thank my opponent for starting a debate on this intriguing topic, and anticipate a civil and thoughtful discussion. Before my opening statement, I have a couple of points to clarify on the topic:

1. I would ask my opponent to provide a working, textbook definition of Communism. I would prefer it to be a real political theory, such as Anarcho-Communism, Marxism, or Leninism, rather than simply my opponent's personal interpretation.

2. Pro says in his introduction that this is to be "a theoretical debate, not a practical one". I would like a clarification of this statement. It sounds as though historical and real-world examples are being hustled away in an attempt to disregard Communism's dismal track record. While obviously historical arguments should be properly analyzed, to ignore the past in a debate between two theories so fundamental to human history would be dishonest.

3. Simply to clarify, when I say Democracy, I refer to a system of representative government with checks and balances, voted on voluntarily by eligible citizens of a state.

Thesis Statement:

I contend that Communism, as a social form of government, is a system that hands unreasonable power not to those who have been deemed worthy via their ideas or actions by a majority, but to those who want it the most. Furthermore, Communist government does not have the desire nor the means to prevent its leaders from exponentially increasing their own power and systematically eroding opposition.

With that said, I look forward to reading and responding to my opponent's opening arguments.

loomynarty

Pro

loomynarty forfeited this round.
Ameliamk1

Con

My opponent has forfeited his opening round, and thus concedes conduct. However, if he still wishes to hold the debate, I welcome him to post next round, and have his arguments still considered.
loomynarty

Pro

loomynarty forfeited this round.
Ameliamk1

Con

Ameliamk1 forfeited this round.
loomynarty

Pro

loomynarty forfeited this round.
Ameliamk1

Con

Ameliamk1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Akhenaten 1 year ago
Akhenaten
Communism is sneaky form of capitalism which is designed to deceive people into accepting permanent slavery as a bargaining tool for a promised paradise that is always coming but never arrives.
Posted by Akhenaten 1 year ago
Akhenaten
Communism is a capitalist concept.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yes. That is why it never worked... Humans are not democrates by nature. No life form is.
Posted by Saberen 1 year ago
Saberen
Communism is the highest and purest form of democracy. You don't know what you're talking about.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
You can not through the elephant out of the room. So why create a place for elephants where elephants are not wanted....
Posted by RogueZephyr 1 year ago
RogueZephyr
I do wonder what the point of ignoring mans aptitude for abuse is when you are debating the worth of Communism as a system of governance. In my opinion, it would form a large basis for the argument against.
Posted by Jevinigh 1 year ago
Jevinigh
You need to define what you mean by communism.