Opalais
anonymous839

In this situation, Am I A Victim Of False Advertisement From Time Warner Cable?

Started: 2/2/2013 Category: Technology

Opalais

Pro

Hi. Where I live, I cannot receive Internet service from any company except HughesNet and dial-up. Myself and my family have been trying to receive internet service from Time Warner Cable for the past 13 years. Every time we asked, we were denied service. I have asked for site surveys aplenty and it seemed as if one finally went through. The other day, I went on the site to see if we could receive service yet. Bewilderingly, it said my address was up for service. I was dumbfounded. I went into chat to talk with a representative to confirm that I could receive service. Repeatedly she proclaimed I could, so I didn't think a second more and signed up for the Ultimate Internet service. I was ready to enjoy the Internet I have been craving for years. I had to give my Social Security number and credit card number to confirm the order and was given a confirmation order number. I received an email the other day to follow-up on the confirmation and I followed everything, but I was told the address I lived on could not receive service, for it was not on their service map. I have been trying to get a reasonable explanation as to why I was told I could and not I cannot.

Am I a victim of false advertisement from Time Warner Cable?

Also, what can I do to influence them to come down my road, or just anything in general?

This is more of a discussion than a debate, if one can not presume already. Comments and especially a "con" debater are encouraged in this discussion.
anonymous839

Con

no you are not a victim of false advertisement.
Opalais

Pro

Opalais forfeited this round.
anonymous839

Con

anonymous839 forfeited this round.
Opalais

Pro

Opalais forfeited this round.
anonymous839

Con

anonymous839 forfeited this round.
Opalais

Pro

Opalais forfeited this round.
anonymous839

Con

anonymous839 forfeited this round.
Opalais

Pro

Opalais forfeited this round.
anonymous839

Con

anonymous839 forfeited this round.
Posted by anonymous839 4 years ago
anonymous839
how are you even supposed to debate this topic?
Posted by Warabe 4 years ago
Warabe
The fact that they asked for your social security number, unless that's standard procedure, makes me think that are are not the victim of false advertisement, but rather a cunning scam.
Posted by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
If you want something that's more of a discussion than a debate, there's an entire forum section for it.

And no, you were not a victim of false advertisement, not unless you actually paid them; the fact that they erred and thought that your street had service does not equal false advertisement unless there was some kind of intent to defraud.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
You'll have better luck asking this in the forums rather then post it as a debate