ilee24
Berend

Inception is the best movie ever made

Started: 7/21/2015 Category: Movies

ilee24

Pro

Welcome and congratulations this is the acceptance round from here we will go on with open statements.

please follow all rules
1:be open minded
2:play fair
3:lose or win kindly
4:have fun
Berend

Con

I accept. I'll argue Inception is not the best movie ever made and will even use a substitute, not as the best movie ever made, but that would arguably be better. I only ask Pro to define if he means objectively the best movie ever made as to make this "subjective" "objective" arguments that might follow far more sensical.

Let's go. I will enjoy this.

:noworries
ilee24

Pro

Hi thank you for accepting my debate, may the best man win

To start of my logic for my statement is coming from pure movie sense and originality not favor as this is my first movie that made me actually find out more about Christopher Nolan (director) i will admit i did enjoy his work on The Dark Knight but that movie will have no impact on my argument but i will include it in my point about Christopher Nolan's directing. so lets get started.

This week celebrates is the 5th year anniversary of Inception, when this movie released its trailer https://www.youtube.com... it was a very original concept and was also very daring for this well known director to release such a original movie idea but defiantly paid off being voted the 14th best movie ever by IMDB http://www.imdb.com... This may leave many wondering why i think it should be number 1 but if you look at the movies above Inception they have all had previous movies made with a similar story line so they are just improvements but inception was a shot in the dark that resulted in a Domestic Total Gross of: $292,576,195.

Thank you and good luck with your argument.
Berend

Con

Berend forfeited this round.
ilee24

Pro

Just waiting for you mate...
Berend

Con

Berend forfeited this round.
ilee24

Pro

ilee24 forfeited this round.
Berend

Con

Berend forfeited this round.
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
I apologize for the argument post missing. I'm sadly going have to secede.
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
If one was to take fictional movies, Interstellar would be good competition with it. The issue with the topic comes down to what people consider for the criteria. Was it the meaning of the movie? The emotional string being pulled? Was it the effects or overall the story? For some, it might be a meaning, hidden meaning even, in which case I would even use Age of Ultron due to the things Ultron says that I find very much worth for the mind to ponder about.

To me, how original is the Earth dying for people to live on and sending someone out to eventually use determinism to save humanity by crossing the 5th dimension and showing both Earth Time and Miller Team time (the time they flowed in which was mixed, but we could just say Gargantua time) and so on. Yes, the notion might not be too original, but neither would Inception. Both stories have originality, same as the Godfather, and each one having a story and emotion that can be played while swimming deep into the creativity of a story some might never have imagined. As I continue on in this debate, I will do my best for the audience to see why the movie was great, but not nor the best by novel level (the story over all), the originality, and even other factors, such as emotion.
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
So I clicked submit before the last three seconds passed but ti said I ran out of time.... Which was odd.

Anyhow, here is my post.

=====

Thank you. I would like to say that while Inception was a really good movie, quite creative and original, it is far from the best movie ever. I would argue that something such as 2001: A Space Time Odyssey or even my favorite, Interstellar. The reason I would pick those over the other is because, compared to Inception, which delves more into pure fiction backed by half worked scientific works, something like Interstellar delved directly into the science of the world around, mixed with the emotion of a man undergoing what would cause most of us to break down (Man I cried so many times in that movie. Man tears I tell you), while showing what could become of the world and, like it or not, it was giving a bit of a climate change message while showing the worst possible state we could be in near our death on Earth and sending, in lies and death, people to space to continue the species. Using even a real physicist to make it all the more real and even showing what things we do not know much about, what they might be like. Such as a black hole, different planets, worm holes, gravity, etc. It g mind going while making you think on the time you are in (since people my age would be 87 at the time of the movie starting).

Maybe it was due to me being one who studies physics and loves the cosmos around me, but while Inception is not bad movie, I would give the works such as this over Inception any day. The emotion gets you to almost feel like you are in Mathews shoes. To watch as a mans sees his family grow and age past him and even meeting his daughter, in what would be a month or less for him, and almost a =life time for her and dying not long after.