kingofzdom
frogger

Incest should not be considered in the legality of abortion.

kingofzdom has forfeited round #4.

kingofzdom

Pro

I often hear moderate arguments about abortion to include something along the lines of "Abortion should only be legal in cases of rape or incest."

While the condition of rape has at least some logical and clear reasoning as to why it should be considered in the legality of abortion, nothing I have read beyond the dangers of inbreeding seems to support that being conceived in incest should be handled any differently that one not conceived in incest.
frogger

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for agreeing to debate me.

I will be arguing that incest should be considered when regarding abortion laws. My opponent says that he sees no reason that it should be, except for the dangers of inbreeding. And that is exactly why it should be considered, it's really the only reason. The mutations that accompany a child borne out of incest are awful, painful, and will most likely cause the death of the child.
kingofzdom

Pro

Finding any reputable data from this century to back up either argument is nearly impossible listing the statistical chances of a child born in first generation incest having a serious genetic defect range from no significant difference from non-incest children to 75% chances. The majority of studies agree that more distant relations decrease the chances of serious birth defects with first cousin relations and further having negligibly higher chances of defects than a child born to an unrelated couple.

Aborting children based on potential defects is a slippery slope, too. If incest children are to be aborted, would any and all children expected to be born with defects be aborted? Would any genetically incompatible parents be allowed to abort?

Every argument both for and against abortions in general can be applied to children conceived in incest and therefore shouldn't be handled differently.
frogger

Con

So, you're basically saying that incest is fine because there's only a 75% chance that the baby will be mutated?
kingofzdom

Pro

I'm not arguing the morality or ethics of incest, I'm arguing the legality of aborting children conceived in incest. 75% is the highest data I've found (On Wikipedia with no valid source, no less). Numbers over %10 being only in cases of siblings and parent/child relations. One must keep in mind that the chances of any child having a defect is around 2% while genetically incompatible, unrelated parents have even higher chances of defects.
frogger

Con

May I see your source, please?
Posted by kingofzdom 6 months ago
kingofzdom
He joined another debate I posted of the same title seemingly just to attack me personally. Personally, I'm pro-choice but also believe in equality in the eyes of the law so if abortion is made illegal it should be illegal for everyone without exception.
Posted by ewsbsk 6 months ago
ewsbsk
WOLF.J, you cannot just call them a coward, they put this argument out here and are waiting for someone to try to argue against them. Also, they are just simply saying that people try to make a what if case for incest., and I can testify to this, as I find that way to many people try to find buts and ifs like this to use against those who argue pro-life
Posted by WOLF.J 6 months ago
WOLF.J
AND mate

WHAT SORT OF THICK COW IS GONNA WALK IN TO A DOCTORS AND TELL EM SHE'S HAVING AN INBRED KID, PLEASE DON'T JUDGE HER, ?!?!, D1CKHEADD
Posted by WOLF.J 6 months ago
WOLF.J
Coward , your disgusting