RapidCanyon
justabill

Increase in funding for Space Exploration

RapidCanyon

Pro

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its exploration and/or development of space beyond the Earth's mesosphere.

Rules:
First round is for acceptance only. Clarifications and negotiations should be made in the comments before acceptance.

Second and third rounds for debating.

Fourth round should be limited to a 2000 character summary. No new arguments. Con may not reference Pro's summary in his own summary but must summarize rounds 2 and 3.

BOP: Burden of proof is shared. Con must provide a case of his own in addition to refuting Pro's case.

Voting period: 2 weeks. Voters must provide RFDs.
justabill

Con

Hello and thank you for posting such a great topic for debate. Good luck.
RapidCanyon

Pro

RapidCanyon forfeited this round.
justabill

Con

It is the case, currently, that the United States government operates at a net budget deficit [1]. Therefore, in order to balance said budget, the Federal government needs to cut spending and raise taxes. At the current juncture, the most effective solution to allowing space exploration to have long term viability is to either freeze or reduce NASA's budget.

[1] http://www.whitehouse.gov...
RapidCanyon

Pro

RapidCanyon forfeited this round.
justabill

Con

justabill forfeited this round.
RapidCanyon

Pro

Sorry I don't have time to complete this. Since my opponent forfeited as well, voters please ignore this.
justabill

Con

Contrary to what my opponent would have you believe, I have not forfeited this debate. Without a rebuttal to my previous argument, there is nothing to add for me to add.

Please vote con due to the full forfeiture by my opponent.