pariashi
JackFritschy

India needs sound policies not a growing personality cult

pariashi

Con

I believe that India needs a growing personality cult.
the opponent may go first
JackFritschy

Pro

I accept, let's hear the arguments.
pariashi

Con

The opponent will argue that India needs sound policies and not a growing personality cult.

It is because of the simple reason that for implementing a good policy, you require a leader who is capable of keeping all others in contact.And for that you need a strong personality.
That is what Mr. Modi does in Gujarat and we all very well know how perfect the Gujarat model is.
JackFritschy

Pro

JackFritschy forfeited this round.
pariashi

Con

If the opponent forfeited then how can I post my argument.
JackFritschy

Pro

India doesn't need a personality cult. People with a cult of personality are more focused on doing what is popular then doing what is right. Look what happened with the personality cult of the Gahndis in the Congress Party. They desire to please people caused over regulation to strangle the economy. It was only with deregulation that the economy revived. Also, cults of personality make it harder for parties to work together. Many of India's parties are over-focused on one leader. This means the various leaders are trying to outdo each other for votes and not work together.
pariashi

Con

Don't you see the news.
You know he election results right?
BJP won only because of Modi's personality cult.Although its not that he doesn't have good policies.He has but he knows how to use the media and hence he made JP win the elections.
JackFritschy

Pro

This debate isn't about how to win an election, it's about whats best for india. BJP might have won but that doesn't mean they'll do a good job. Personality cults lead to people pleasing the masses over helping the country. You are saying that instead of having good policy in India, you would rather have a strong leader who MIGHT enforce good policy. That is counter intuitive. Personality politics, hurts decision making, stops cooperation, leads to crowd pleasing over right decisions. If a law is favored by the majority that doesn't make it right, but leaders concerned about popularity will support these laws any way no matter how bad.
pariashi

Con

Every person who has a personality cult has that because he has done something good. Modi has done wonders in Gujarat with the policies and I am sure he will do the same to all over India.
To run a country you will need one person who has the ability to step forward and come out as the representative and that is what the media has named a personality cult....
JackFritschy

Pro

well you can say that personality helps win elections, but that isn't the topic. The topic is that india needs sound policies not personalities. You might need personality to gain power but wouldn't india be better if politics was more then just pesonality. So while some people will use personality for good things, most will use it for bad things. Without personality politics india could have better policies because personalities wouldn't have to bend to the majority opinion all the time.
Posted by pariashi 3 years ago
pariashi
@Kc199
You are late.My challenge has been accepted by someone else.
I will create one more debate for the same topic and if you choose to be my opponent then, we will debate..
Posted by pariashi 3 years ago
pariashi
See basically sound policies mean that a properly planned policy should be given more importance rather than projecting a person above the party and building a strong personality cult around him/her.
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
Define sound policies: I would argue that BJP's Hindu Majority privileges are sound policies. And a cult of personality developing under a democracy? Interesting.....I would accept if no one does by tomorrow...
Posted by pariashi 3 years ago
pariashi
Common guys.Do you have the courage to be my opponent