priyanksingh
tinocurione

India plays a very important role in maintaining democratic situation in Southern Asia

tinocurione

priyanksingh

Pro

The condition of Southern Asia is chaotic because the disturbed Government in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Also nations like Pakistan are quite famous as the promoter and supporter of terrorism and has faced many Military Coup. Only India has the stable government in whole south Asia & also it plays a very important role in helping Nepal and Bangladesh to maintain democratic form of government.
Please bring forward your arguments.
tinocurione

Con

My Opponent has perhaps forgotten that one of the major threats to Pakistan is precisely its neighbor - India. These two nations have been in conflict with one another ever since India won their independence from the British. To think that India could play a role in creating a stable government in Pakistan, while at the same time being enemies, is a contradiction on its own.

Bangladesh has one of the worst human rights problems in the world when it comes to the exploitation of women in the workforce. Millions of women in Bangladesh work under slave-like conditions and this is well known to the international community. India is fully aware of this problem and has done little to nothing to resolve it. Is this the form of democratic government that India offers to the region?

India itself is far from being truly democratic when it has for centuries maintained a racist caste system in which the darker-skinned population is discriminated against in nearly all aspects of life.

Hundreds of thousands of Indian citizens are living in abject poverty with not even basic sanitation or clean water and my Opponent would have us believe that India is in a stable position to clean up the houses of other nations in the region.

India has an epidemic of farmers committing suicide because of the oppressive conditions being placed upon them by multinational companies like Monsanto. The government does little to address the issue because large rich corporations have major influence on national policies. The merger of state and corporate interests is not democracy, but rather fascism.

India is in no position to play any major role in maintaining democracy in Southern Asia.
priyanksingh

Pro

priyanksingh forfeited this round.
tinocurione

Con

My Opponent has forfeited his turn in this Round; as a result, I choose to refrain from introducing new arguments so as to allow my Opponent to address those that I have already outlined, which I continue to stand behind. Thank you.
priyanksingh

Pro

priyanksingh forfeited this round.
tinocurione

Con

Once again, my Opponent has forfeited his turn in this Round; as a result, I choose to refrain from introducing new arguments and ask that the public vote Con. Thank you.
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
priyanksinghtinocurioneTied