debate.unique
beemOr

India's success at Beijing Olympics 2008 will make the Indians lose interest in cricket

debate.unique

Pro

Thsi is the first time India has won her first individual gold medal in the Olympics. Also, there's Vijendra and Sushil Kumar success. Due to this, peolple have become interested in other sports, in shooting and boxing and wrestling of which they were not well aware earlier. Also this debate is confined to the talks of India, I would request only an Indian to accept this debate.
beemOr

Con

My opponent has suggested that Indians will lose interest in cricket due to the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
However, gaining interest in sports X and Y does not stop Indians from remaining interested in cricket. For example, my favorite movie might be The Butterfly Effect. Let's say a movie comes out tomorrow, and I decide to see it. Even if it turns out to be better than my old favorite, there's no loss of interest. I'd have simply found something I'm more interested in.
Even so, it's doubtful that Indians will enjoy these other sports more than cricket, the old favorite. They'll still enjoy cricket, and they'll still be just as interested in it, they'll just have other interests as well.

And if sport X did cause Indians to become less interested in cricket, it would not be the 2008 Olympic Games that caused the loss of interest. If I show you a motorcycle for the first time, and you get in a horrible accident using it, it is not my fault, it is yours and the bike's. In this same way, if the Beijing Olympics causes Indians to look at more sports, and one of those sports causes interest in Cricket to fall, it is not the Olympics' fault.

Of course, that's assuming sport X will cause Indians to lose interest in cricket, which is highly unlikely. My opponent has shown no reason why interest in other sports would make interest in cricket fall.
debate.unique

Pro

debate.unique forfeited this round.
beemOr

Con

My opponent has been unable to answer my arguments. As far as this debate is concerned, he has conceded that an interest in one sport does not reduce interest in another, and also that even if it did, India's Success at the Beijing Olympics 2008 would not be the cause of this loss of interest.

debate.unique

Pro

debate.unique forfeited this round.
beemOr

Con

My opponent made an opening case, but he failed to show why becoming interested in new sports would cause a decrease in interest in cricket. He has failed to show up for the rest of the rounds, and has failed to uphold his side of this debate.
I trust you all know the right choice to make here.
Posted by debate.unique 8 years ago
debate.unique
Oh yeah, it is..
Posted by beemOr 8 years ago
beemOr
Pretty exciting stuff.
Posted by debate.unique 8 years ago
debate.unique
I am not at the computer all day, but since yesterday was a hol., I had planned to sit at the comp. ALL DAY.
Posted by beemOr 8 years ago
beemOr
Realize that not everyone has the same sleep schedule. Let's say I lived in India, and you went to sleep two hours before I did. That leaves far more than ample time for you to miss all the rounds due to being asleep. Also, are you at the computer ALL DAY? I doubt it.

Also, you never requested that the person live in India, just that the person be Indian. Even so, I have disappointed. Like the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want."
Posted by debate.unique 8 years ago
debate.unique
I am an Indian, and I reside in India. I had made all the rounds for 10 minutes so that the debate doesn't keep going on and on for days. but since I reside in India and the time lag between India and America is quite big, I couldn't hv argued in this debate while I was sleeping at night. The timings don't quite match, that is why I had requested an INDIAN who RESIDES in INDIA to accept my debate.
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Oh India, you never cease to amaze me.
Posted by beemOr 8 years ago
beemOr
I was like, sure, why not. And then it was like, YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES, MAKE IT COUNT. And then I realized that my opponent would probably forfeit every round. And then I realized I only had a few minutes to make a case.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
LOL! That is funny.
Posted by beemOr 8 years ago
beemOr
I have to admit, I almost ROFLed.

To my esteemed opponent: Next time, consider making the rounds longer than 10 minutes each.
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 8 years ago
SportsGuru
debate.uniquebeemOrTied
Vote Placed by gahbage 8 years ago
gahbage
debate.uniquebeemOrTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
debate.uniquebeemOrTied