Akash15
Chrysippus

India should attack Pakistan in future

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Akash15

Pro

Pakistan is a threat to India since we achieved Independence.
Every day there is envasion of terrorists from Jammu and Kashmir and to help them for crossing the border Pakistan giives them coverfire.
A big example of this is attack on Mumbai 26/11 where the fidien terrorists were mounting over the Mumbai and did a massive bloodshed.
Chrysippus

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

Since India gained its independence from Great Britain after WWII, and Pakistan was divided off to give the muslim population a country of their own, the two countries have fought several wars. Some examples:

Thousands of soldiers and civilians have been killed, hundreds of thousands more live in misery because of these wars. Kashmir has been a battlefield for half a century now.

My question to my opponent: What could you possibly hope to gain by yet another war? What's the point of more bloodshed?

This debate is over the premise that India _should_ attack Pakistan. Ignoring the philosophical tangents about the moral basis for that "should," it is self evident that India _should_ do everything in its power to end the conflict and the culture of hatred that creates the terrorists. India _can_ attack Pakistan; given their mutual history, it is very likely that India _will_ attack Pakistan. But it is ludicrous to say that India _should_ perpetuate this stupid and brutal conflict, in defiance of all sense, decency, and even self interest. Surely you are aware that India is fending off communist revolutionaries in its own central states? http://asiasociety.org...
And that both India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons, raising the potential costs of any military action?

India should not attack Pakistan.

I return the debate to my opponent; best of luck.

C.
Akash15

Pro

Akash15 forfeited this round.
Chrysippus

Con

My opponent has not logged in since he posted this debate.

I don't like that.

I have little choice but to accept the pointless win he offers me, though I protest against his methods of generosity with ineffectual bleating.

Bottom line: I put effort into this debate, and he didn't. If anyone ever sees this debate, vote for me.

On a side note: this formatting stuff is fun.

Akash15

Pro

So my dear friend, i know you have a good knowledge but its half.
India didnt wanted Pakistan,Bangladesh,Nepal to become a member of LEAGUE OF NATIONS, but on the reverse side India wanted all this as one.
Mr Jinnah was the mastermind behind this partision movement.His revue was to make a new MUSLIM country. But the FATHER OF OUR NATION Mr Mohandas Karamchand gandhi was on the opposite side of this, he knewed that there would be a bloodshed on the bodersides of Jammu and Kashmir,Punjab,Rajasthan,etc.Because there was an National uprising to get Independence between the people and they started making their own border without the governments clearance and there was a big bloodshed on the border.And all this happened because of one men Mr Jinnah.
I know u have a good general knowledge then you must be knowing that Jammu And Kashmir is a partof Himalaya and India has a big part of Himalaya from the ancient times. When there was the movement of partision under process there was a problem that Jammu and Kashmir will go in whose terrotiry bur the king of Jammu and Kashmir Raja Harisingh choosed India. To oppose that after the Indepence Pakistan attacked India "Indo-Pakistani War of 1947"
It was done without the reason but India as a big power repused that attack and other attacks after that.
Those are
Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 "http://en.wikipedia.org...;
Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 "http://en.wikipedia.org...;
And the most important that is" KARGIL WAR" in May–July 1999 in which the Pakistan helped Mujahidins by artillery support and some of the mujahidins were Pakistani soldiers as i was telling about coverfire from Pakistan "http://en.wikipedia.org...;
So lets come to the Topic your question is "What could you possibly hope to gain by yet another war? What's the point of more bloodshed?"
ANSWER: What if there is a country neighbouring you having Nuclear powers as well as terrorist activities? Its true that pakistan can use Nuclear power towards India by helping the terrorists. Many times it is been seen that the Pakistan gives coverfire to terrorists to enter India and now it is a daily morning news.
http://newsblaze.com...
If Ganhiji would be living these day instead of walking he would use his walking stick for defence. If India will attack Pakistan, and because of new rule there will be good democracy and they will know how to live in modern economic world like how the muslims live in India. They will be have chance to get involved in the modern world.The border between both the countries will get vanished and then we can be a SUPER POWER.
"I agree your point that war is not the solution of all problem but sometimes war is only the solution of a problem"
Chrysippus

Con

"I would say to my critics to enter with me into the sufferings, not only of the people of India but of those, whether engaged in the war or not, of the whole world. I cannot look at this butchery going on in the world with indifference. I have an unchangeable faith that it is beneath the dignity of men to resort to mutual slaughter. I have no doubt that there is a way out."
-M. K. Gandhi [1]

When the long campaign of nonviolence finally achieved its goal of independence from England, a power struggle and religious conflict almost immediately began between the Muslims and the Hindus. Pakistan was separated off to form a separate country for the Islamic population, and many hundreds of thousands died in the chaos. Gandhi himself, heartbroken over the bloodshed and hatred, was assassinated by radical Hindus.

Since that time, there has been little peace between the two countries. The modern nations of India and Pakistan were literally born at war with each other; Kashmir is just another excuse to fight, one they've used for generations now.

You trot out your list of things that Pakistan is doing and has done to India, and I agree that they are morally reprehensible things. You then say that India is justified in attacking Pakistan and trying to conquer them, as this will bring good government and peace and prosperity to everyone, and everyone lives happily ever after.

I find it difficult to believe that you actually think Pakistan is alone to blame for the constant warfare. I am not Pakistani, but I'm sure they have their list of atrocities India has committed aginst them over the last half century. The attack was not for "no reason," as you suggest; these things never are. People don't just randomly decide to go out and wage war. They had what seemed to them full sufficient reason, just as your reasons seem sufficient to you to justify killing more people over a quarrel that has been dead and buried in bodies for fifty years.

I also marvel at the naivety necessary to think instigating a nuclear war is going to benefit anyone. Both Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons, and were either side to attempt a war of conquest as you suggest, undoubtedly those weapons would be used.

BAD.

Not "Happy happy, democracy and prosperity," we're talking ruin, unbelievable slaughter, and the end of both countries. All that, very very possible, were the leaders of either country foolish enough to be swayed by the line of thinking you propound. All that, over a worthless valley in the Himalayas that has had all the good wrung out of it by constant war and hate and squabbling and poverty and misery.

Enough. Either both countries should give Kashmir its independence as part of a serious attempt to learn to live in peace, or one should freely give up their right to it in the interests of peace. India, by any rational analysis, should just walk away from the situation and come to terms with Pakistan. India has enough problems, what with chronic drought, famine, and Marxist revolutionaries threatening to split the country apart, without fighting over Kashmir.

On a friendlier note, I'm glad to see my opponent returned to finish the debate. It appeared for a while there that he was yet another new debater who showed up only long enough to start a debate and then vanished, never to be seen again. I am quite happy to be proved wrong on this point.

Friends, a vote for Con is a vote against irrational violence; A vote for Pro, for endless cycles of revenge. I leave the decision to your consciences.

C.

[1] section437, http://www.mkgandhi.org...
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
Great. But, you should have posted that DP 2 instead of forfeiting. Now it's too late.

I must remind the voters that arguments in the comments section are not counted here for the voting.
Posted by Akash15 6 years ago
Akash15
"Friends, a vote for Con is a vote against irrational violence; A vote for Pro, for endless cycles of revenge. I leave the decision to your consciences" by my dear friend Chrysippus.
But the vote for Pro is the vote for security for his own country and all humanbiengs first serve their country.
And a big thing is INDIA HAS NEVER ATTAKED PAKISTAN BECAUSE OF THAT PAKISTAN THINK WE ARE NON VOILENT TEACHED BY GANDHIJI BUT ITS WRONG.
We can do anything for the security of our country and I know all those who are reading this message can do anything for the security of his country.
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
YOU HAVE SEEN THAT ToO!?!?!?
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
It's genuine plastic, Hoggle.
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
I like chicken.
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
Incidentally, this is the debate that finally made me change my mind about debating new members.
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
Certainly. When my opponent shows the slightest interest in defending his own proposition, I will happily do more extensive research. For the purposes of an initial response to such a laconic opening, Wikipedia is sufficient.
Posted by Coopaldo33 6 years ago
Coopaldo33
woah dude might wanna get some more credible sources other than wikipedia
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
15 hours, better post soon...
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Akash15ChrysippusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro needs an argument, not just assertions. A clear win for the good doctor.
Vote Placed by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
Akash15ChrysippusTied
Reasons for voting decision: No one gets the reliable, y'all both used Wikipedia. However, I feel Chrysippus pwned everything else.