CHENZ
InsertNameHere

India to become superpower should focus on primary educaion for all or higher education for few

CHENZ

Pro

If you are planning for a year then sow rice,if you are planning for a decade then plant trees an if you are planning for lifetime then educate people...............
From the year of Independence 1947 uptil now I ndian govt is making policies to provide primary educaion..
so I am in the for of the motion.
I am not talking about the education related to mere slate and chalk...
But primary education makes you aware so there is no pint arising of giving higher education.
I want to quote a ststement that education does not teaches you what you knew not but it makes a person what u was not.
InsertNameHere

Con

I thank my opponent for putting this debate up. :)

First off, my opponent seems to be making a case that India should focus on education as a superpower. As the con in this debate I'll be arguing otherwise.

India is one of the largest states in the world, having a population of about 1.15 billion people(http://www.indiaonlinepages.com...), with about 55% living below the poverty line. http://www.bangladesh.com... With staggering statistics like this India should be focusing on reducing poverty rather than educating people although education is a large part of reducing poverty.

The UN currently has some programs in place in order to help reduce poverty(http://www.undp.org.in...), but there are also many social barriers to overcome in India. One such problem is the usage of the Caste system in Indian society. http://en.wikipedia.org... Although this system of prejudice has mostly broken down in cities it still provides some obstacles for Indians trying to work their way up in society.

This is just a small introduction, I'll now hand this over to my opponent. Good luck to both of us.
CHENZ

Pro

First of all I want to make one thing clear about the topic of debate to my opponent..
The topic is whether India should focus on giving primary education to all or higher education for few..
I have given many of my points in the first round itself so by making them elaborate I want to say that primary education is the necessity and higher education depends on an individual..
It is this primary education which makes you aware of what is happening in the world..
If you are giving primary education to all so they can decide by themselves whether they want to pursue higher education or not
InsertNameHere

Con

Unfortunately my opponent failed to address any of my points so I'll extend my arguments to the next round.
CHENZ

Pro

I have given so much points...
You are saying that my opponenet has failed to givee points..
Why are you giving futile arguments...?
I think you are a day dreamer!!
I think ha you do not have points to argue...
So just vote for me...
InsertNameHere

Con

I'll like to use this final round to apologize to my opponent for misunderstanding his arguments and messing up this debate. If he still wants to debate this topic then he can feel free to create a new debate and challenge somebody else. Thank you.
Posted by Zetsubou 6 years ago
Zetsubou
Oh, actually I read it wrong... you don't need to keep the poverty line high to become a superpower, lol.

Military strength, which is derived from state wealth not public wealth, constitutes to a superpower.
Posted by Zetsubou 6 years ago
Zetsubou
I'm Pro on this this topic, you can't fix poverty with a poor economy. You need people to tax before you can make anyone richer.

India needs -> Technicians - Engineers - Doctors.

CHENZ, did terribly to defend his point.

Two votes maximum, seriously?
Posted by mattrodstrom 6 years ago
mattrodstrom
either way his ire is still well appreciated on my end :)
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
lol, he wasn't the one who converted me, dude.
Posted by mattrodstrom 6 years ago
mattrodstrom
It is funny how Mirza's mad his "convert" is now an agnostic sufi.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
Yea, I think I will do that, gerrandesquire.
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
It is funny how INH misunderstood this and told her opponent that he failed.
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
just post your apology in the last round, and post your argument. Neither side has made any argument till now, both would be even.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
I think so too actually. Can this debate be cancelled?
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
insertnamehere: i think you got the topic wrong. m nt sure though.
Vote Placed by TheAtheistAllegiance 6 years ago
TheAtheistAllegiance
CHENZInsertNameHereTied
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
CHENZInsertNameHereTied