cleigh1342
ryanbriggs04

Individual Social Responsibility.

cleigh1342

Pro

Are you for or against Individual Social Responsibility?A few examples would be... If someone is abusing their child in public should you take individual responsibility and step in or show a blind eye? If you saw someone getting beat up in a park should you step in or call the cops or do nothing? If you witnessed a murder should you step in, call the cops, or wait around until someone else calls the cops, or nothing?

A few EX: of social responsibility above. Tell me your POV!
ryanbriggs04

Con

I do not like Individual Social Responsibility, people should be able to get a lawyer or another family member to help defend them.
cleigh1342

Pro

So to my understanding we should whip out a lawyer or head straight to court every time we see a wrongdoing happen? If you or I witness a teenage brawl should we step in? If someone is being murdered or raped what I get from your response is we as a society should stand by, watch, do nothing and promptly call our lawyers to do the right thing for us?
ryanbriggs04

Con

When Congress and the president negotiated over welfare reform in 1996, a key element of the debate was whether government aid should continue to be an entitlement, a grant the poor receive solely by virtue of being poor.
Ultimately, the bill that passed last August changed welfare from an entitlement to a block-grant program for states; states are now free to set their own eligibility criteria and may limit access to welfare in various ways, including limits on the length of time a family may receive assistance.
Still, the basic ethical issues behind the debate persist. Is society responsible for the well-being of the poor? If so, at what cost to the rest of the community? Are the poor to be held in any way responsible for themselves? How far must poverty go before society is morally bound to act?
Welfare is an investment by society in human beings. Money spent and taxes levied become a form of human interaction, making welfare different from farm subsidies or improvement to the natio
Posted by James2010 1 year ago
James2010
I am all for individual social responsibility, because if I see someone that is abusing their child then I believe it would be my duty to step in and help that child. I am not going to turn a blind eye to the situation because obviously a child cannot help themselves against an adult. It may make the adult mad because they probably think that you have no right to step in, but like I said it should be anybody's mentally to help that child out.
Posted by Robinson327 1 year ago
Robinson327
I believe Social Responsibility is very important. In my profession I see too many people watch some one be physically/sexually assaulted and the neighbors do nothing. or just video it on their phones. If more people stepped up to stop this mess there would be less of it. charges will still be filed regardless but why not step in and save a life.