Equality5-2521
Aarthew

Individualism is better than collectivism

Equality5-2521 has forfeited round #2.

Equality5-2521

Pro

Individualism-the habit or principle of being independent and self-reliant
Collectivism-the practice or principle of giving a group priority over each individual in it

Individualism makes sure that your ideas and you are recognized and matters. With individualism, you get a choice and liberty. With collectivism you get conformity and "equality" which is often at the expense of others.
Aarthew

Con

It is because humans are naturally social animals that I stand resolved that individualism is not better than collectivism.

Before I present my reasons for this belief I would like to present a value or scale with which to weigh this round. The value that I present is Human Life (HL). What this means is that whichever side can prove that they uphold HL the best should win this round.

My reason to prefer collectivism over individualism you can tag as: Prioritizing individualism leads to loss of Human Life.
When all individuals put their priorities over the collective this leads to death. After all, what the collective needs to function and survive are more important than even the loss of individuals.

This has been seen before many times in history. For example, when the Epipen was abusively priced the individuals in that company (Mylan) valued their own interests above the interests of the collective. Selfishly raising the price of their life saving products they prioritized individuals over the collective and harmed lives.
Posted by mschechtel17 11 months ago
mschechtel17
Individualism and collectivism exist together in every individuals life. The only way you can separate the two is in a political format since politics dictate what is legal and illegal and what actions you can or cannot be punished for. For the most part Democracy can best represent individualism and communism can best represent collectivism. Democracy allows one to participate in society as an individual (most of the time) and chose from the collection of existing ideas. Communism forces people to participate in a chosen idea for them ignoring other options. I'm not sure the words "right" and "wrong" fit this topic but Individualism seems to better allow for progress, while collectivism appears to try to halt it.
Posted by canis 11 months ago
canis
No one is not an individual.. Collectivism is not individual...