Stane
Vict0rian

Influence of popular artists, singers, actors to the young.

Stane

Con

Hello fellow opponent whoever you may be.
If you're wondering, pro is taking the side that complements today's influence of popular people on the children.

My argument for con,
Today, anyone can be famous, if he has the necessary money to push himself through the masses. That leads to young people becoming popular and not having or not knowing how to deal with the constant attention from the media then turning to some supplements to help them along the way. This leads to idols creating on a miss believe that a person is good because they are all over the media, going around the world (singers mostly).
I myself have seen a number of people emotionally connecting to some celebrities which eventually led to self-hatred, self-inflicted pain due to the inevitable "fall" of the celebrity.

Today's celebrities are not what they used to be. In the old days (I'm 18 but I was interested in the topic so I talked to a lot of people that have seen their fair share of adventures) when someone was on tv, touring the world, being famous in general, it was because they had some sort of talent, something that made them stick out of the crowd, nowadays that talent is very rare or absent.

Since you know my age, I beg you to put it aside and focus on the topic at hand and not shut me down using my age as an argument.

Look forward to a response.
Vict0rian

Pro

I'm not exactly sure what you're arguing for, are you saying that you want to cut out celebrities entirely from children? because that would be... very... very hard. Especially now that there is Youtube and all of that. And honestly I don't think that would be a good Idea, I understand that some fans take it to far but for the most part celebs are just for entertainment. They aren't or at least shouldn't be hurting anyone. Honestly I feel like a way to fix the situation is just to let the fans know that celebs are just people and they don't have to devote their lives to someone they never met.
Stane

Con

Stane forfeited this round.
Vict0rian

Pro

I win... I guess???
Stane

Con

Stane forfeited this round.
Vict0rian

Pro

Yup, looks like I win.
Posted by Aguilajoyce 10 months ago
Aguilajoyce
So, Is this to say that because talentless individuals can be famous, celebrities status has no/little/less influence on the young?
Posted by cgt97 10 months ago
cgt97
This would be an interesting topic to debate.
Posted by Briannj17 10 months ago
Briannj17
Interested.