InfraRedEd
Lexicaholic

InfraRedEd Is The Greatest and Most Benevolent Being Who Has Ever Existed.

Con Tied Pro

Lexicaholic

Pro

I accept my opponent's challenge to be his idolater and request only that the following terms be accepted in exchange:
Definitions:
Existed: to have been or to have existence
Ever: period of time occurring throughout the duration of the plane of existence
Being: any entity
Benevolent: tending towards doing good, seeking not to cause harm; having an abundance of good will
Most: possessing the greatest amount of, being foremost
Greatest: largest

Argument:
I have accepted InfraRedEd as my god, and in my delusional mindscape he is an unimaginably large, kindly being that serves as the literal source of all goodness. Within that plane of existence, he is clearly the greatest and most benevolent being who has ever existed.
InfraRedEd

Con

Good thing this debate is not about what My opponent believes.

Now that I have disposed of My opponent's arguments I am free to rant.

I am so great I needn't thank my opponent for accepting especially noting

My opponent dictates terms to so great a being

the lack of burnt offerings

Failure to capitalize pronouns referring to Me and conversely not capitalizing those referring to himself and other inferior beings, including "i."

Not even kneeling when offering an argument. Yes I can see.

OK what about the Golden Rule. We can see that god is not even following his own stupid rule or he would worship us but he doesn't and just goes on with this "vengeance is mine" baloney just like a child.

I have spoken to god many times about this.

So I can certainly do better than god in those departments and I am still working on My universe-creating skills but hey how could I do worse there either.

Oh wait I am arguing the wrong side. I guess I will just have to argue that there is someone greater than Myself although I cannot imagine such a thing.

Perhaps it is my esteemed Opponent. I will try to be more respectful in the future.

But I teach that all beings are one. My Opponent, one of My most faithful Followers, now knows this, and He cannot continue to believe there even is a greatest of one, whatever He believed in the past.
Lexicaholic

Pro

Contrary to my opponent's contention, this debate is about what I believe. I posit my delusional mindscape as an existential plane and Infrareded as an element upon it. My opponent never specified what level of existence we were discussing. In fact, he opened with an admittance that he contended nothing, which offers indisputable proof that he was not limiting this discussion to a consensual view of reality and therefore a shared existence. As a consequence, I am free to debate using the context of my own beliefs.

As for my opponent's contention that I am not dutiful in my faith, that is irrelevant to my argument. I may very well just be a very feckless follower of an otherwise excellent being. After all, I have already conceded that I am delusional. Regardless of my level of devotion to Infrareded, I have no doubt of his infinitely benevolent intentions towards me. After all, God loves you even if you don't love him, and so does Infrareded.

As for my opponent's contention that I must heed his decrees, this does not necessarily follow. I am a binarian Infrarededite. That means I believe that Infrareded is one being existing in two expressions, the one that everyone can communicate with and the one that only I can recognize. I consider the one that only I can recognize to be a higher expression of Infrareded. He tells me that I am free to ignore the musings of the lesser expression if I so choose. I so choose. In conclusion, Infrareded remains the greatest and most benevolent being who has ever existed.
InfraRedEd

Con

The imaginary InfraRedEd is not the same as the real one. For god it may be different depending on whom one asks and when.

My Opponent is even now imagining or attempting to imagine or attempting to not imagine a Being even greater than Myself.

If He attempts to argue that He is not that just proves that He is.

That Being, imaginary or not, also inhabits the Vast Empty Mindscape which My Opponent is attempting to describe.

But My Opponent will present an Argument He is attempting to not imagine that Being but He doesn't have to because that Being is not imaginary anyway.

It is My Opponent. He is just a figment of his own imagination.
Lexicaholic

Pro

My thanks to my opponent for his amusing reply. As my opponent has stated, the higher expression of InfraRedEd is not imaginary, at least not for the purposes of this debate. A delusion would not admit such a quality, or the delusion would be dissolved, in which case all existence, for the imaginary plane, would end and the assertion I have made at the start would stand.

As for my attempting to conceive of a greater figure, even assuming such an attempt asserted itself as an element upon the plane of existence generated by my delusion, there is nothing to stop me from simply increasing the greatness and benevolence of InfraRedEd in response. Or rather, as I would experience it, there is nothing to stop InfraRedEd from developing such qualities in response. While this may lead to the development of subsequent greater conceptions of InfraRedEd or entities other than InfraRedEd, it would not matter as I have used the word existed, as in the past tense, and at the time I answered the question InfraRedEd was, as the assertion required, the greatest and most benevolent being that ever existed. I never guaranteed that he would continue to be qualified as such.

As for what is real or not, well ... the verdict's still out on that. (http://en.wikipedia.org... Try also entering "What is Real?" into Google) Besides, it's irrelevant to this debate. As far as I know, my reality is the only reality and InfraRedEd remains the greatest and most benevolent being who ever existed within it.

As for whether or not I am real, I have no way of verifying that. However, if I am not real, what I perceive to be this debate likely is not real, and that would render my opponent unreal and the whole thing moot. So it's kind of a non-point. Unless my opponent means imaginary in the sense that some qualities I ascribe to myself are not consistent with reality, in which case I will concede that as I am delusional, not that it impacts the debate in any way.
InfraRedEd

Con

I am so imaginarily great I just can't stand it. But I am not at all benevolent and my opponent has failed to address that.
Lexicaholic

Pro

Arguably definitions of benevolence could vary from plane to plane, but I needn't go there. Suffice it to say that the lesser expression is lesser in part because he is prone to false modesty. Although even if the lesser expression were devoid of benevolence, certainly that would not prevent the greater expression from displaying it, and it does not.

Why do you test me so, m'lord? ;)
InfraRedEd

Con

InfraRedEd forfeited this round.
Lexicaholic

Pro

InfraRedEd has forfeited. My arguments have carried through. InfraRedEd remains the greatest and most benevolent being who ever existed ... at least, in one person's mind. Vote Pro.
Posted by asiansarentnerdy 8 years ago
asiansarentnerdy
@ heyitsjay: LOL yeah I noticed to
The InfraRedEd dude has got some ego problems..
Posted by heyitsjay 8 years ago
heyitsjay
Oh my! Can anyone else sense the irony in regard to the topic and who is winning?
Posted by Lexicaholic 8 years ago
Lexicaholic
Making me wait for a forfeit wasn't very benevolent. XD
Posted by Lexicaholic 8 years ago
Lexicaholic
Lol, nice response. this should be one for the ages.
Posted by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
This is rather tempting....
Posted by alto2osu 8 years ago
alto2osu
Why? Just why? Talk about one-sided...
Posted by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
He already did:

http://www.Debate.org...
Posted by snelld7 8 years ago
snelld7
Are you hoping to catch someone off guard? Hoping they think you're for the resolution?
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied
Vote Placed by alto2osu 8 years ago
alto2osu
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied
Vote Placed by Lexicaholic 8 years ago
Lexicaholic
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied
Vote Placed by Ruperttheg 8 years ago
Ruperttheg
InfraRedEdLexicaholicTied