officialkwade
Iamaconfederate

Innovation over tradition

officialkwade

Pro

To continue on with the human race, we must continually innovate in every area-especially science, to live longer and better for each generation.
Iamaconfederate

Con

Hello, pro. I believe that Human, most specifically, Southern traditions are to be valued over most things, except religion. But before we start this debate I must know what kind of innovation you are speaking of. I presume scientific innovation.
officialkwade

Pro

Any innovation that furthers the human race. Traditions, though emotional and important, can hinder us.
Iamaconfederate

Con

Well, I obviously do not think that EVERY single tradition is more important than innovation. Practices such as human sacrifice and etc. Generally speaking from a religious point of view, many innovations in science and politics appear to attack traditions simply for opposing innovation. Progressive political views are aimed specifically at getting rid of traditions usually. Things like gay marriage, abortion, etc. Innovation and progressives claim to be tolerant. They seem to be tolerant of everyone EXCEPT those who disagree with them. I ask you to specify an innovation so that I actually have something to argue against.
officialkwade

Pro

We will save the specifics for other debates. For now, we contemplating the concept. But since you seems adamant on the religious front, think of the millions of people who oppose science for the sake of religion? If the money that was spent on the church was donated to scientific research or directly to charity. Yet instead it it spent on the church its self, which is the best example of stalemate tradition I can think of.
Moreover, the mindset of being 'convertible' in something that has happened for years without purpose should be regarded to as a bleak choice.
Iamaconfederate

Con

Well, all I have to say is, what about the billions of people who support religion over science and innovation? Money being spent on the church is in itself a product of innovation: socialism.