penguin558
alphafailed

[Insert Fandom Here] V.s. Trekkies

Started: 1/8/2015 Category: TV

penguin558

Pro

I will be fighting for the fandom of Trekkies. The opponent's fandom can not be related to music, but can be cults. First round is for acceptance.
alphafailed

Con

A dear friend of mine picked up your transmission in his blue telephone box-shaped space ship. The whovians accept your challenge! Good luck! Would you like a jellybaby before we start?
penguin558

Pro

penguin558 forfeited this round.
alphafailed

Con

Well, I suppose I'll start then...
I'd like to start by bringing attention to the doctor who legacy (not the facebook game, but the actual legacy). Doctor Who started as a lower budget sci-fi show in the 1960s, but quickly grew and due to the wonderful writing mechanic known as "regeneration", has been able to survive to this very day with nearly 51 years under it's belt.

The protagonist, known simply as "The Doctor", is an old time lord who flies through space and time in his TARDIS (Time and relative dimensions in space) ship that is stuck in the form of a blue police box, often with a companion, saving various worlds from various threats (most often daleks, cybermen, or other evil aliens).

I personally think that the appeal of Doctor Who comes from the story that has had 51 years to develop and now stands as one enormous lore that loops back to reference itself time and time again, thereby achieving a legacy that most series in television may never live up to.

That's all I'll say. I have yet to counter-argue, mainly because I have to have an argument to counter...
penguin558

Pro

penguin558 forfeited this round.
alphafailed

Con

alphafailed forfeited this round.