Carolean_Karl
midnight123

Inside Out is a better movie than Big Hero 6

Started: 6/9/2016 Category: Movies

Carolean_Karl

Pro

- 1st round accept
- 2nd round opening argument
- 3rd round rebuttal
- 4th round counter rebuttal

Don't introduce new arguments in the 3rd and 4th rounds please.

I've seen both movies and while neither of them are bad, I think that Inside out was the better movie out of the two. By "better" I mean overall, not technically, or how much money each movie grossed, or story. This isn't really a 'hard' debate because at the end of the day it's just your opinion, so just find what's good about your movie and what's bad about the other movie.
midnight123

Con

Thank you for your introduction - it is now my turn. Big Hero 6 or Inside out... I have also seen both, and they are all very good movies. However, I have to say that Big Hero 6 is better than Inside Out - not because of the animation development, but how fantasy and technology join together to make a humorous film about an inflatable giant robot. I wish you all the best for the following rounds.
Carolean_Karl

Pro

Carolean_Karl forfeited this round.
midnight123

Con

midnight123 forfeited this round.
Carolean_Karl

Pro

midnight123 has forfeited the last round and hasn't posted an argument in the comments (as I have) at the time of this post. I await an argument which I shall respond to in the next round.
midnight123

Con

midnight123 forfeited this round.
Carolean_Karl

Pro

midnight123 has forfeited this debate, due to the lack of responses Pro should be considered the winner by default. Vote Pro.
midnight123

Con

midnight123 forfeited this round.
Posted by 9spaceking 8 months ago
9spaceking
those who think inside out is not the best pixar film, challenge me.
Posted by Carolean_Karl 8 months ago
Carolean_Karl
Oops, let the debate timer run out. Oh well, I'll just post the argument here.

Inside Out was one of those movies that comes along every once in a while that is just as if not more enjoyable for adults to watch than kids. The movie had deep emotional themes that were far more serious than any family movie I'd seen before. The scene where Riley's emotions began to grey out on the bus really hit home with me, it reminded me of the time I tried to run away from home a few months after my parents got divorced, I felt like all my emotions were slipping away and I became a husk. Inside Out also taught an important lesson to the viewers - that you need negative emotions as well as positive emotions to live a healthy life. I don't see this in a lot of other places in movies, we seem to be told constantly that we should always be happy and if we aren't there's something dreadfully wrong with us.

On the other hand, Big Hero 6 seemed so predictable it hurt, as soon as I saw Tadashi, I knew he was either going to die or go far away at some point (because that's what happens to kind older siblings in these movies). I also didn't think too highly of the supporting cast, they might as well have said "Hi, I'm the effeminate comic relief." and "Hi, I'm the goof off that will be integral to the story later on.". I just can't get across how predictable it was throughout, it was like I'd seen the movie before. They took no risks and made no deviation from the formula of a children's action-adventure film, because of this, both me and my 5-year-old niece were bored out of our minds.
Posted by Soragirl7 8 months ago
Soragirl7
None of these movies are as good as they were in the 90s. All they do is use the same old animation for unoriginal and not-so-creative story telling!

If you ask me Inside Out and Big Hero 6 are about as average as each other. They aren't movies I'd want to see over and over again...
Posted by Phenenas 8 months ago
Phenenas
I'd accept, but...I completely agree. Big Hero 6 wasn't all that great.