kassie2001
mms21

Instagram causes depression

kassie2001

Pro

I am new to this but I think Instagram causes depression. If you disagree accept my debate!
mms21

Con

some people use Instagram as showing what their best at, like photography. I love the gram and it makes me so happy. People love to connect with people. Photos are such a great way to portray who you are as a person, or who the people are behind your brand. Spontaneous photos of your employees or personal photos or your life are a strong way to connect with your audience. Is your brand young and funky? Or is it more refined and sophisticated? Either way, your photos can portray this personality quicker and more effectively than any text post ever could. Many people often assume that photos work best for product based businesses. But this isn"t necessarily true. Even if your business is B2B, there are still plenty of opportunities to share photos. And your photos don"t just have to be about "work". Include photos of your team working, photos of travel destinations when meeting with clients, photos of your office, photos of projects you"re working on, photos of the flowers outside your office. The options really are limitless on Instagram. Have fun with it and make your photos a reflection of that! So, even if none of the above reasons were enough to justify joining Instagram, I would recommend it just because it"s fun. It"s honestly one of most fun sites I use. It"s not necessarily the most educational (I turn to Google+, Twitter, or LinkedIn for great content), but sometimes you just want to have fun on social media. For me, this is that site. Now, granted, I love taking photos and I love photography so I might get more out of this site than people who don"t take photos. But even then, I know a number of people who, even though they don"t post a lot of photos, say that Instagram is one of their favorite sites.
kassie2001

Pro

You say "personal photos or your life are a strong way to connect with your audience" but are you really showing what your life is like? I bet you have had a couple bad hair days, some times when you were unhappy or cried a lot but I bet you didn"t post that, and that"s the problem. You don"t actually post what goes on in your life, you post what you think will make you look good, or what will get a lot of likes. Nobody posts a selfie when they are feeling insecure about it, only when they think they look good. And people mostly just post pictures of them having a fun time, like if they were hanging out with a friend, or at a party. That causes other people to feel down upon themselves. If they see someone else hanging out with their friend or two of their friends hanging out together they feel like they aren't included. Or if everyone is out on a Friday night and posting pictures of them having so much fun they feel like their life is boring and like nobody wants to hang out with them. Also, if someone posts a good selfie they ask themselves why they can"t look like that or why they can"t get that many likes/followers and they think that since nobody likes their photos nobody cares. That leads them to harming themselves. People cut because they feel like nobody cares. They starve themselves because they want to be skinny "just like that pretty girl on Instagram who got 10 thousand likes on her photo." Instagram is bad for people, it causes them to feel depressed and can even lead to self harm or suicide.
mms21

Con

I don't know why you would assume most of those things. When my Father died I went onto instagram and posted a video of myself in tears. lets say somebody posted something that you don't like, thats your problem it does not FORCE SADNESS UPON YOU! that's your choice. I cut, and It was because of people and things that where posted on social media but instagram that app itself is not a depression app, it may be the people. and that's the huge problem in our society, so if you want to debate about that, go ahead:)
kassie2001

Pro

kassie2001 forfeited this round.
mms21

Con

I really don't have anything to say since they have forfeited the round
kassie2001

Pro

kassie2001 forfeited this round.
mms21

Con

yest again, Nothing to argue with.
kassie2001

Pro

kassie2001 forfeited this round.
mms21

Con

mms21 forfeited this round.
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
She plagiarized none of her arguments, btw. I checked.
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
Which one of the kids are you? I found a picture on this website. It is of the entire family.

http://archive.constantcontact.com...
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
she plagiarized almost all this

file:///home/chronos/u-e388ae8e6d9574889a51fc43ab4e0545a63c06f7/Downloads/smallseotools-1464104001.pdf
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
yeah, that's him
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
Sorry. I'm just wondering though, I feel really bad. Is it this guy?

http://funeralinnovations.com...
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
this is a touchy subject for me right now, my family isn't doing to well, so can we please not discuss this situation?
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
yes, why
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
Was he the attorney?
Posted by mms21 9 months ago
mms21
he died of problems but he had cancer in his twenties
Posted by ZachZimmey 9 months ago
ZachZimmey
The John Bartosz attorney guy who died of cancer?