Bullshart. Commies and Mafioso play it every day on the victims of society.

I accept--I'll start off by wishing my opponent good luck.

Debate it then. I stated my opinion, debate it.

Okay, for some reason Round 2 skipped to Round 3—I am guessing this was intentional but a problem with the DDO server or something.

My opponent said he made his argument but based on what I read in Round 1, it is not actually an argument but just an unsubstantiated personal opinion. So, as the late Christopher Hitchens used to say, “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.” Thus, Con has not contributed to the debate.

Because of this, my defense of insurance as a concept will be relatively short.

Insurance has been a net benefit to people, economies, and the world. That is to say, it mitigates problems that are bond to occur, including death, sickness, natural disasters, fires, gas leaks—examples are virtually limitless, so that is my bridged version.

Anyone reading this debate has experienced some circumstance or life event where insurance of some kind helped mollify problems would have been worse than in a scenario without insurance. People understand, businesses understand this, and governments understand that insurance is a necessity in an imperfect world, this is just a simply an unpleasant fact.

Here is a concrete example:

The father of a household is the main breadwinner for his family, say mother, son, and daughter. He dies from [insert a realistic choice based on your personal preference]. Ask yourself isn’t better for everyone involved for the father to have a life insurance policy than not. With insurance, the family is less likely to have to worry whether they will be able to keep their house, pay for the funeral, or worry about having to find a job immediately after the husband’s death.

Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
I did address the problem with insurance. The 1 voter is a fool.
Posted by Milton.Pullen 1 year ago
What happened to Round 2--did it skip on purpose or was there a problem on DDO end?
Posted by CommunistDog 1 year ago
SURE! BRING COMMUNISTS INTO THIS (I'm mad because of my name :3)
Vote Placed by Jack.Jameswood1 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con made a more convincing argument while Pro wrote a sentence that did not directly address the problem of insurance.