Zf97
zkolodny

Intelligent Design- Creation

zkolodny

Zf97

Pro

I'm looking for someone who will be willing to debate Evolution and Intelligent design/ Creation. I will take the side of Intelligent design/ Creation This will discuss the bigger picture instead of focusing on one particular aspect of either side. The rounds will go as follows- (1) Opening statement/ Main Argument (2) Rebuttals [ no new arguments ] (3) Secondary remark/ Minor Argument (4) Rebuttals [ no new arguments ] (5) Closing statements/ Final remarks. I am new to debating and am looking for someone of the same skill level and experience.
zkolodny

Con

There is clear evidence for the existence of evolution. It is supported by several scientific sources. Evidence includes fossil evidence, similar traits among different organisms, similar traits of different DNA, similarities among embryos, etc.

Source: http://necsi.edu...
Zf97

Pro

As this is my first debate on this site, I messed up the description of rounds and did not state my main argument about the flaws in the Evolutionary theory. Please excuse my mistake and move each description to the next round including closing remarks in the round of the second rebuttal. Again I apologize.

One of the main flaws in Evolution when is that it claims information came to be without an intelligent creator. Information is not capable of producing itself, it must be produced by intelligence. One of the largest amounts of information in living organisms is contained in DNA. DNA itself contains an astonishing amount of information. Evolution claims that this information merely came to be through billions of years and generations of organisms without any intelligent intervention. For there to be information intelligence must be behind said information.
zkolodny

Con

You argued that evolution is impossible, because of the intelligence that DNA contains. However, there is no proven "intelligence" in DNA. Rather, evolution occurs through the mutation of DNA. Thus, evolution can occur randomly as that is the nature of mutations.

Source: http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
Zf97

Pro

Yes I agree completely that the theory of Evolution is based off of the mutations in DNA. However, saying DNA does not contain information is flawed. In fact, when defining information Merriam Webster uses DNA as an example " the attribute inherent in and communicated by one of two or more alternative sequences or arrangements of something (as nucleotides in DNA or binary digits in a computer program) that produce specific effects " Also you were focusing more on the mutations in existing in DNA. Not the fact that original DNA before the countless mutations would contain information. As a matter of fact, DNA is defined as information "DNA-a substance that carries genetic INFORMATION in the cells of plants and animals". So by stating DNA does not contain information is in and of itself incorrect.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
zkolodny

Con

Let me make my point more clear. By information, I mean information derived from purposeful intent. DNA does not communicate through logic, as creationism would dictate. Rather, it mutates, and it these random mutations which prove that evolution can occur through random mutations of DNA.
Zf97

Pro

Zf97 forfeited this round.
zkolodny

Con

I would like to take this time to ask my opponent what evidence, other than the Bible, do we have of creationism?
Zf97

Pro

Zf97 forfeited this round.
zkolodny

Con

My opponent has yet to provide a rebuttal to my question.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Zf97zkolodnyTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro forfeited, points con.