Interactive Drawing Cartoon Contest.

Started: 4/18/2014 Category: Arts

I came up this this fun little drawing contest debate that I'd like to try out if someone is interested!

Rounds will be structured as follows:

Each round Pro/Con gives an instruction of something to draw. for example:

IE. - Con must draw a dog. (Good)
IE. - Con must draw a firefighter (Good)
IE. - Con must draw something with slime (Good)
IE. - Con must draw someone slipping (Good)
IE. - Draw something happening (Bad)
IE. - Draw what you want (Bad)
IE. - Draw Mexico (Bad)
IE. - Draw a man in a las vegas casino winning 3 million dollars next to his jealous wife who's having an affair with some broke mexican dude that is part of a gang (Bad)

Please be specific about what you want your oponent to draw and dont make it impossibly difficult or vague, this should mainly be people or things. Or things happening to people (!KEEP IT SIMPLE!).

So the catch is as follows - Every round, you must draw all the things that have thus far been listed already plus whatever has been added.

At the end of the round you add something for your opponent to draw.

For example -

Round 1Pro - "Draw a dog".
Round 1Con - *Con draws dog* "Draw a flower"
Round 2Pro - *Draws Dog and a Flower* - "Draw A motorcycle"
Round 2Con - *Draws Dog, Flower and Motorcycle* "Draw a sofa"

The idea is that whoever makes the most relevant pictures wins. pictures should be drawn in a unique cartoony way.

-No digital drawings-
-Sign your drawing with your name-
-colors are allowed-

First round is for acceptance and Con instructs pro what his first drawing should be (dont make it too hard because you'll have to draw it every round also).

If you're interested in this debate please let me know in the comments and I'll challenge you to it.

I challenge you to...
Draw a scientist wearing a lab coat!

Hey thanks for accepting, had fun with the first round. decided not to use colors

-a scientist wearing a lab coat (keep in mind that a scientist is defined as "an expert in science", and "Science", having many definitions, one of them is "systematized knowledge in general". So technically it could be a connoisseur in any topic. Mind blow, eh?
- " A Wedge of Cheese" Wedge: a piece of anything of like shape. Cheese: the curd of milk separated from the whey and prepared in many ways as a food, BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: IT'S ALSO A PLANT. Mind blowing, eh? (see:

And now, I add upon....wait, I haven't added my drawing yet? Perfect, more suspense!

And to guarantee my win in this round, I will add reason to support the drawing.
1. My drawing is more complex than my opponent's
It has a person and a gigantic "Wedge of cheese", while my opponent simple has a person.

2. my drawing's person has more complex emotion than my opponent's
While my opponent simply has a very sly scientist, my scientist is very conflicted and confused concerning his creation: should he throw the "Bad cheese" away? Or should he conclude his results satisfactory? This conflict within my scientist is unseen in my opponent's, and thus, my drawing is more enigmatic and complex on a whole new level.

3. my drawing is complex on not one, not two, but FIVE levels.
The two complex levels are seen above.
THREE: anybody notice the scientist is presented in a 2-D format while the cheese is 3-D?? This creates a whole new perspective and mind-blow to anyone. Did the scientist create the miracle working of a 3-D object in a 2-D world? Or maybe it's a 3-D world and the scientist has successfully transformed himself into a 2-D form but now doesn't know what to do.
FOUR: The cheese is colored in strangely. This makes my drawing better than my opponent's because he did not color his drawing in. However, this makes the drawing only more complex--Not only did my scientist create this gigantic (not to mention 3-D) "Wedge of cheese", he also made it strange colors! This truly highlights the cryptic nature of my drawing in contrast to the easy-to-understand sly professor.
FIVE: A closer examination makes the drawing feel....ultra weird. Because although at first it may seem my scientist is looking at the cheese, if you draw a straight line, it seems that the scientist is staring at my signature....Could the cheese be talking?!! Nothing reveals this, but the holes in the swiss cheese seem very suspicious, and combined with the fact that it's gigantic, filled with odd colors, and a 3-D shape in contrast to the professor, anthing is possible!

In conclusion my drawing is much better than my opponent's. Although it might not look that much better artistic wise, it is far more puzzling and complex on five different levels, an impressive feat for a mere high-schooler who is still learning to draw.

Now, what shall you draw next round combined with the "scientist" wearing a lab coat and the "wedge of cheese"?

You shall draw....
a fluorescent light. I define "flourescent" as "strikingly bright, vivid, or glowing" from So it could be the sun, a lightbulb, a glint of the eye, or anything else! This is very flexible, and I really want to be able to have different drawings. Seriously, you even said "DRAWINGS SHOULD BE DRAWN UNIQUELY EACH TIME*". So this helps both me and you.
Good luck pro! And I hope your next drawing is much more enigmatic!

Hello! looks good spaceking.

First off I'd like to clear up a few things, My opponent has tried to argue that because of the enigmatic nature of his drawing he deserves to have won that round. I disagree, In the description I stated that whoever makes the more relevant drawings is to win! How you make the objects thus far listed work in your drawing. This includes them interacting with eachother instead of simply drawing them side by side.

I will repost my first image since a few members were not able to view it ( I think this was a size related issue)

1st image ( A scientist wearing a lab coat)

This is my 2nd image: (Scientist wearing a lab coat, wedge of cheese and a fluorescent light)

Description - After drinking his strange concotion, our mad scientist transformed into a mad scientist mouse. He's now enhancing wedges of cheese to taste ten times as good with his fluorescent laser.

I will be adding a flag to our current list of items.

A scientist wearing a lab coat.
A wedge of cheese
A Fluorescent light
A Flag

Good luck to my opponent.

"The idea is that whoever makes the most relevant pictures wins." you say.
Relevant: "bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent" based on But since we both had drawings "connected with the matter in hand", in this case, your scientist, and my scientist and cheese, they were both connected, and thus relevant. It is because my scientist stands a bit far from the cheese that creates the awkwardness and the confusion within his face, only adding upon my drawing's awesomeness. Our drawings are both relevant to drawing "a scientist with cheese", and they are tied on relevancy. Since my drawing is more, creative and has more effort spent into the process of drawing it, I win hands down. (And plus, you didn't bother to even try to state reasons why your drawing is more puzzling than mine. You drop the argument, you concede.)
Now, of course, your round two drawing is much better versus my round one drawing. However, you have a tough competitor...
(whew! These drawings are getting harder and harder!) Oh, and sorry about my name getting cut off--that was an error. However, you can still tell it's by me. What other user has the name "9spacekin" in them?

1. My scientist is more accomplished
While your scientist can build lasers and make cheese 10 times more tasty, my scientist can discover whole new cheese planets and climb massive cheese mountains, AND be the representative of the mouse world to put down his flag.

2. My drawing has more stuff than you (and less negative space)
Even without the flag, my drawing is still dramatically filled with "cheese holes". You wanted a wedge of cheese? I give you a wedge of cheese. ;) (actually, it's technically 3 wedges of cheese shown, but I doubt drawing more than needed is cheating.)

3. my scientist is less awkward than yours
While your mouse scientist is grinning weirdly, almost maliciously, as if it's for his own purpose, or some new purpose, my scientist is very clear--standing in an "achievement" position and grinning victoriously from all his hard work. Sure, you can argue that adds a new perspective to your drawing, making it complex, but it's really unclear whether the mouse scientist is doing this for his own good or the general population's good. And plus, I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be good. It's just that you didn't represent that very well, and thus, the "smile" is a bit less relevant to what you were trying to draw.

4. my guys are actually standing, your chracters are floating
How can your drawings be "related" if they are floating in nowhere (or in a vacuum/space)? My scientists are at least standing somewhere, but yours are just floating. That's not very "connected", eh?

5. your "flourescent light" wasn't all that flourescent, and thus, not as "relevant" as my dramatic sunrise/sunset
Seriously, it looks very similar to a "radiation symbol", and the laser light is very unnoticeable, and thus can be concluded less relevant than my epic sunrise/sunset upon the planet of cheese.

Look at how closely the dramatic "flourescent light" matches radiation. Radiation is a type of light, but it's UV and UV cannot be seen. Because such, it is irrelevant.
In conclusion, for the second time in a row, I have proved my drawing to be better, and more relevant, than my opponent's.
scientist wearing lab coat
wedge of cheese
a flourescent light
a flag

and....*drum roll please*
lasagna. MMM-MMM!

Last round for me, This has been an interesting and fun debate. I thank my opponent for participating.

Firstly I'd like to argue against some of the claims my opponent has been making that mystery and relevance to his drawings are better and that he should recieve points for such.

This is an Interactive Drawing Cartoon Contest.

Interactive: (of two people or things) influencing or having an effect on each other.

Drawing: a picture or diagram made with a pencil, pen, or crayon rather than paint, especially one drawn in monochrome

Cartoon: make a drawing of (someone) in a simplified or exaggerated way.

an event in which people compete for supremacy in a sport, activity, or particular quality.

-A Scientist wearing a lab Coat(Twice)
-A Wedge of Cheese(The planet itself is a giant cheese ball)
-A fluorescent Light(The sun)
-A Flag(Twice)
-Lasagna(Craters of Lasagna in this "cheese planet")

I will add the color green for my opponents last round.

I'd like voters to vote on Artistic ability, and how the competitors put all of the items listed to use. This is how I intended the debate.

My opponent has mentioned multiple times that my drawings look better than his, therefor he admits to defeat by definition of the rules and purpose of this debate.

-Link if the image doesnt show:;

And yes, the weird other wire wires to the lasagna, and the dark "thing" behind the window is actually the flag. It has an electric lightning-like structure at the top, but the poor photo quality just blurred it. I actually used watercolor in some parts, so that may have contributed to the blurring of my flag. Sorry if my drwaing seems too "realistic" to be considered "Cartoon" by you voters, but I was really really busy, and so I searched online for inspiration. The left side of the drawing is inspired by the board game "Power Grid". And yes, I know it looks exactly the same, but realistic stuff is super hard to draw.

Original cover:

Looks alike, eh?

As for me admitting defeat, what kind of jerk is Denny Bug, defining the words the last round possible and claiming I broke the rules? Why not the round before that? Oh, that's right--he has no arguments against my drawings. Because such, pro has conceded (rather in a peculiar fasion), and this debate is in the favor of con. This was fun!
Vote me!
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
sorry for my late response, will be replying later today
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
thanks glad you think so!
Posted by DauntlessWarrior 2 years ago
this is interesting
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago

It was only the first round. In my defense I was only able to draw a standalone object. While you were given the option to draw two.

I am also a mere highschooler learning to draw!
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago

I'll repost it next round along with my new one. The image was a bit large
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
@Dennybug I can't see your drawing :(
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Nice drawing! It was a little difficult to draw my scientist, and it doesn't seem quite as good as yours. However, you must admit it is far more enigmatic!
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
my bad, forgot to add to the list!

-Scientist wearing a lab coat
- A Wedge of Cheese
Posted by Dennybug 2 years ago
nice scientist, I like that.
Posted by Dakota-Hiltzman 2 years ago
'-no digital drawings' What? Why?
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I loved Pro's drawings more. However, I like Con's last round a lot so to commend both and reward both I gave 2 pts to Con.
Vote Placed by DauntlessWarrior 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I thought Pro's drawings were of a higher standard, clearer,neater and generally better. Pro also did not need to explain why his drawings were awesome because the awesomeness can be seen just by viewing .
Vote Placed by YYW 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I liked PRO's more... props to both for this debate, though. There's a fair degree of creativity required in these things, and both should be commended for taking the chance.