lord_megatron
Corm_onthe_Cob

Interactive novels

Started: 5/18/2016 Category: Games

lord_megatron

Pro

Anyone has read the new interactive novels that have started coming out? They are much more fun than normal novels. It feels good to actually control your character, or else you feel frustrated when the main character makes stupid decisions.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

Soo, I don't really know what this debate is about, but here we go anyway.
I am going to assume that you are trying to promote Interactive novels and the thought crossed through your mind that there are actually people who are against these things? So, for pity's sake, I will give you the time of day and pretend I am against these 'Interactive Novels' you speak of.
So I google image searched Interactive novels, and apparently they are some kind of weird sexual anime thing? I immediately closed out of the tab and deleted that weeaboo garbage from my history. So instead of arguing about some obscure interactive anime porn, I will be backing the original Interactive Novels, The Choose Your Own Adventure books by R.A. Montgomery that were popular between the late seventies and late eighties. Why get mad at the characters you are reading about when you can get angry with yourself? Because none of the books have any sort of happy ending that a sane person would be able to direct themselves to. If you are not familiar with these books, I suggest you google them because they will change your life. You won't have time to whack your willy when you are trying to make your way through 184 books that you are the star of! So before you respond with more of your cancerous opinions, please follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Close All Tabs (Including the Porn)
Step 2: Shut Down Your Computer
Step 3: Go Outside
Step 4: Make Friends
Step 5: Meet a Nice Girl
Step 6: Start a Family
Step 7: Die of Old Age

<3

fin.
lord_megatron

Pro

"So I google image searched Interactive novels, and apparently they are some kind of weird sexual anime thing?
What is wrong with you? Interactive novels are NOT animes, and are certainly NOT PORN.
"Because none of the books have any sort of happy ending that a sane person would be able to direct themselves to. "
That is the author's personal choice, if he wants a dark and dreadful ending, we can't do anything about it. And no, I am not readin any of these R.A. Montgomery books unless you give me a link to a free version or some cash.
Interactive novels are more fun then normal novels as it feels that we are the one making the story and the story is able to make the reader interested in the story unless the author is really bad at it.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

So, I guess we are just going to quote what the other person says and only give a sentence of potential argument (Emphasis on 'potential', because you literally said the exact same thing in Round One). With that being the case, here goes...
I will start by pointing out that in your THREE sentences of actual argument, you legit managed to contradict yourself.
You said, "Interactive novels are more fun then normal novels as it feels that we are the one making the story"
Right AFTER saying, "That is the author's personal choice, if he wants a dark and dreadful ending, we can't do anything about it."
What happened to feeling like the one making the story? If the author is the one that writes all of the endings and in betweens, how do YOU as the reader have anything to do with it?
I could also point out the word "readin", but that would be a low blow.
I honestly still don't know what you are even arguing about here. Are you trying to say that Interactive Novels are better than normal books because they basically make you the writer of the story? Because if you want to be the creator of your own story that bad, try writing your own book instead of trying to advocate how these things make you feel like such a good storyteller (because you aren't telling the story).
Oh and by the way, your cash is on the way, please don't spend it all on your PornHub subscription.

fin.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

Why do I feel like that is the most thought you have put into any of these arguments? But let's let the voters decide.
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
Interactive novels are basically novels in which we make decisions about what the characters do. There is an app called "Delight games" which has some interactive novels. There are alos printed versions, but I am not sure about those.
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
What is an interactive novel?
Posted by lwittman 1 year ago
lwittman
What are some of them?