Derek.yer
Dognip

Internet is not always good

Derek.yer

Con

Hello. In this debate I want to talk about Internet and why I think is not always good. I agree that internet is one of the best things for communication, study and work, but I also think that nowadays people are too depends on it and spend too much time. There is couple of things that destruct people from real life and the one of the biggest distractions is SOCIAL NETWORKS.

Yes, everyone sitting in their smartphones, ipads and computers instead of enjoying real life. Our children? They are not playing outside the house, they are playing online games. Teenagers? It's much harder for them to communicate in real than chat in social net work, the "life" is dying.

"The Internet is a big distraction. It's distracting, it's meaningless; it's not real. It's in the air somewhere."
R13; Ray Bradbury

That is just an introduction to make my opponent be clear about what I'm talking about. Lately in the next rounds I will say more and give more arguments.
Dognip

Pro

well I don't think anyone is "sitting in" their phones, iPads, computers or whatever.

Social media is good, some americans may not view it that way, but if you would look at a different part of the globe such as turkey the citizens use social networking (twitter) to organize protests against their tyrannical government.

So what if some kids are not going outside, some of them may be shy, they can talk to a kid in India without having societies voice telling them what to be or not. Social networking is one way that people can be themselves for once or be someone completely different, or you go play with a stick in the mud. I say the last part jokingly of course.

What would be your view on resolving this problem?
Derek.yer

Con

Derek.yer forfeited this round.
Dognip

Pro

Lately I've come to the conclusion that I'm more on the fence of this topic.

I do see how our social aspect of society is hurt, all I have to do is walk into a classroom or cafeteria to realize that.
But no matter how tempting it may seem I think it's human error for falling into temptation for not being social. We have a choice not to respond to our devices in the social aspect, just ignore it.
Derek.yer

Con

Derek.yer forfeited this round.
Dognip

Pro

Dognip forfeited this round.
Derek.yer

Con

Well, my argument is going to be about how Internet could harm our society. For example, when people communicate in chat rather than in real life it makes people more liberated in virtual life, but more uncommunicative with other people in real (schoolmates for example). That's what is actually happens to our society and the other point why Internet is not good is that people don't feel time and rest of the world and that's destructive. Because of the different entertainment sites such as social networks (facebook) and online-games, human can not concentrate on one particular task. For example, while doing job in the office a worker need to use internet but at the same time when he using the search programs and sites he uses the facebook and being destructed from a job task ( and that is not just an example that is my personal experience).
So in conclusion I just want to say that Internet it's a good resource, but it is very destructive and could be meaningless.
Dognip

Pro

Dognip forfeited this round.
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
the internet was invented by the u.s military industrial complex, used for psych warfare, surveilance, and cyber attacks (ie stuxnet). yes, good things can come out of it, but i dont think the intention was good
Posted by Domik 3 years ago
Domik
Hello everybody, my name is Damira and today i am going to write you why the Internet is not always good for us. Firstly, when we use the Internet we use our computer, Ipad and other technology as we know that technology is not good for our health. It has some negative waves and radiation. It will affect on our health in some years. If we use computer a lot we will have problems with our eyesight. Secondly, the information in the Internet sometimes is bad and corrupt. I think we need to solve these problems because children play games in the Internet, students study and they will not enjoy it. In addition people who have a weak character can plunge yourself to Internet resources and games, they will play games all day and it is very bad. They can move over from our social world. People tell that "Internet is a big trash" and i agree with it. Of course, the advantages of using Internet we have much but the disadvantages are more important and we must pay attention on it. Our generation have degradation. Children play games online, not outside or in the garden, our young men and women meet at some social public such as vk.com. I want to say that i still believe that we can solve this problem and change our world on better way.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Derek.yerDognipTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both made attempts to return, but both missed two rounds as well...