jamstar
BuleFirePhonix

Involuntary Euthanasia should be prohibited under most conditions

jamstar

Pro

Involuntary euthanasia (also known as assisted suicide) was first introduced back in 1891 were a man named Felix Adler decided to use this initiative call for the acceptance of harmful drug to terminally ill patients who requested to die. It was later on released in the States and was used in some cases to which authorized the need because they also couldn't stand the pain. However, as it started to develop towards the years, misusing started to reenact. Cases to which extent where doctors were using the power of assisted suicide towards innocent patients who may haven't have been asked to pull the plug to which extent they have no acknowledgement about it. Involuntary euthanasia is only used for when ill patients who don't seem to be recovering in any major way for a long period of time or a patient who is in deep vain can't manage to hold the pain. Having said that, the doctors who are willing to perform the process needs the consultants consent.

The problem is that the cases to this day and age refers that 64% who are suffering in some sort and receive the act are not acknowledged in any way at all. Doctors just take away their life with ought having any notices and claim that "they wouldn't have made a recovery anyway". I find this is a crime and felony to some extent and should deserve a punishment.
BuleFirePhonix

Con

I will tell you this, I am sure that Euthanasia is a thing that will be asked for, not only by the patient. I am sure that I have not heard of anyone dying from Involuntary Euthanasia. I am sure also that if that were to happen, there is nothing you can prove to show that the person did not want it, unless the killing was filmed. It would be pointless to argue over this if you didn't provided me such evidence. Though, I do see infact that if the family wanted it and the person did not and the doctor was forced to do it anyways because of the family making threats or something of that sort, it shouldn't be recognized as murder, considering that there was no way out of it.
jamstar

Pro

jamstar forfeited this round.
BuleFirePhonix

Con

Hopefully my opponent will not forfeit the next round.
jamstar

Pro

jamstar forfeited this round.
BuleFirePhonix

Con

I am sorry you forfeited.
Posted by Stefy 1 year ago
Stefy
Assisted suicide is voluntary. This is misleading. If you requested it then it is voluntary. Misusing it is already prohibited it just requires enforcement and over site . You should absolutely not ban the entire practice. Not even in most cases.