Debater1346
liberaladventurer

Is 16 Too Young To Drive?

Debater1346

Con

I think that it all depends on your experience. Some studies show that if you are 18 and are a new driver it is more dangerous than if you are a 16 year old. Therefore, I think the age is good where it is at. I am open to comments and arguments.
liberaladventurer

Pro

I think it all depends on your level of maturity. Some people might seem less mature than older people than them but in many cases it can be the complete opposite. So is someone wants the chance to drive at the age of 16 then they need a chance to prove they can drive and are mature enough to drive by working hard to pass the drivers test to get what they want. On the other hand people who just aren't ready for driving at 16 might not work as hard to get their license and they will probably end up failing and taking it later on in their lives. But the truth is driving at the age of 16 should be an open option to anyone. You can't underestimate the ability of how well every 16 year old drives just because there is a certain group of 16 years old that aren't ready to drive. Some people are just early bloomers and some are late bloomers, it natural and perfectly fine.
Debater1346

Con

So what you are saying is that 16 is too young to drive? I believe that it is the right age to start driving because there are a lot of requirements to pass and become a driver. If you are older, there are less requirements, such as when you are 18, you can skip drivers ed whereas when you are 16 you have to take drivers ed. That goes to prove that if you are any older than 16, you may be at more risk than if you start driving when you are 16. You also have more experience if you begin driving at 16.
liberaladventurer

Pro

liberaladventurer forfeited this round.
Debater1346

Con

Debater1346 forfeited this round.
liberaladventurer

Pro

liberaladventurer forfeited this round.
Posted by MikeTheGOd 1 year ago
MikeTheGOd
I think that it all depends on your experience. Some studies show that if you are 18 and are a new driver it is more dangerous than if you are a 16 year old.

TBH I would debate against you with a statement as dumb as that however I can't because some kids start driving around 15 anyway and because people are starting early now. I personally haven't started yet and I am 17. My parents are willing to teach me in a month or so but yeah.

But anyone can conclude that a new driver at 18 will not only Probally be the safer diver then the new 16 year old but also make better choices. Now if you mean there are studies that prove a 16 year old who knows how to drive is less dangerous then a 18 year old that doesn't that's common sense. If you have the ability to drive regardless of age you are a better driver then someone who doesn't.