madelyn2
kenanhafeel

Is 4 years of math neccessary for highschool?

madelyn2

Con

I believe 4 years is too much
kenanhafeel

Pro

As an individual I personally believe that math, like most subjects, provides an existing, developing role in the systematic procedure in the preparation for evolving subjects that are more or less diverse and congruent to present day activities.
madelyn2

Con

When do kids need to know trigonometry? or even calculus? Why don't schools teach how to pay taxes, or how to vote?
kenanhafeel

Pro

If you have been paying attention to a math session, you would notice that calculation methods have been detailed in fragments, collected all together would provide aid for real-time activities. For example the function that involves taxes, would make use of percentage profit subtracted from a base revenue. May I remind you of the topic at hand, which clearly states the necessity of math not the details on how to vote. Trigonometry would help in the preparation for a more complicated basis of geometry which includes engineering and architecture. I would also like to state that math, unlike most subjects, is inclusive and present in all subjects (excluding Languages and literature). It plays a significant role in the life of a student.
madelyn2

Con

madelyn2 forfeited this round.
kenanhafeel

Pro

kenanhafeel forfeited this round.
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
I agree with pro. I don't enjoy math, but the idea that it keeps teaching a student to learn more and to understand the conscepts of putting pieces together for a final result is very important, just like how it is important to have 4 years of English and literature because it helps understand the process of a cultures developmental. English = long term development , Math = Short term Develpoment
Posted by LotusNG 4 years ago
LotusNG
Is the first round acceptance only?