threecreation
TheDarkMuffin

Is 69 and 420 funny??

TheDarkMuffin

threecreation

Pro

69 is a sex position. 420 is a number that is code for smoking weed. both of thise things are pretty funny i thiink. sometimes i see these numbers as i go about my day and can't help but laught at them. but some people think that they aren't that funny?? please answer

- austin
TheDarkMuffin

Con

I accept. Hitherto, you've defined a sum of two of your terms. "69 is a sex position. 420 is...code for smoking weed."

You've yet to, however, define "funny." Please do. If you'd rather not waste your following round, please resolve this in the comments. There are multiple definitions to choose from, and I'd like to know which one I'm arguing from. Thank you.
threecreation

Pro

the proof is in the puddign! this twitter account has almost 500 followers. why wood they folow it if its not true https://twitter.com...
TheDarkMuffin

Con

That doesn't fit with the definitions. Even if we assume that that Twitter account is being Followed because it's "funny," and not for other reasons, that wouldn't prove that "69 and 420 [is] funny." It proves that "'69 and 420 is Funny!' is funny."

Also, even if the account wasn't named "69 and 420 is Funny!" and was just "69 and 420," causing a reiteration from the original result to "'69 and 420' is funny," that still doesn't prove you right as it doesn't meet the definitions that you presented. "69 is a sex position. 420 is...code for smoking weed." Hence, so far, you've not made an argument at all.

My argument for 69 and 420 not being funny, so that you may have something to rebut, is that you must prove both to be funny. You didn't ask "Is 69 OR 420 funny??" You asked "Is 69 AND 420 funny??" Furthermore, this also implies they must complement each other. Rather than "Are 69 and 420 funny??" you have "Is 69 and 420 funny?" Singular. One entity. So we must combine the definitions.

Is a code that provokes the ingesting of cannabis through a sex position funny? Specifically, this code? We're assuming that it's being used as we use it in this universe, for an alternate reality where it's a sex position, to be particular, the 69, meant for oral stimulation of 2 partners, simultaneously. Being that weed is the objective upon the mention of 420, and the fact that we're attempting to somehow cause as little change to its usage as possible, there would be no consent to this.

In layman's terms, every single time you wanted to smoke weed and you wanted to convey that in a manner of code, you'd have to orally rape someone. For those that have seen The Shawshank Redemption, that does not end well, especially when the objective isn't to rape someone, but to have weed.

So, finally, what is the argument? "Is raping someone for some good ol' cannabis...funny?"

Pro says "the proof is in the puddign!"
I say "No."

Vote Con.
threecreation

Pro

i said "69 and 420 IS funny" because we ALL know the funny numbers go hand in hand! just like how we say ""family guy" and "americin dad" is funny, because they are made my the same peron. FUrtherMore, people did follow that twitter accoun t because its funny, your right about that. HowEver, the only reason that account is funny is because 69 and 420 is funny.
sorry i owned you like that, but it had to be done
69 and 420 is and always will be hilarious. i'm lauging thinking about it right now

you can't tell me it's not funny if i'm laughing so i pretty much win this. you really set yourself up to loose this one sorry about that. youl get em next time champ
TheDarkMuffin

Con

Saying that they go hand in hand only concedes my statement that you meant them to complement each other. However, I can see now that you're making an attempt at redefinition, one that I'll accept.

The implied redefinition appears to be "69 and 420 are funny." Okay. Now, even then, you defined "'funny' as something that makes people laugh." Then, "people" was defined as "(humans)." The mass that is the human race finds 69 and 420 funny.

Also, as you made more than a rebuttal and also made an argument, I will as well.

You've provided 459 people who we can assume find it funny. Then, there's you. You haven't put these people into a pool for your sampling case. That implies that they are the pool, or the pool is the entire human race and no extrapolation is necessary. In one case, 100% of people find it funny. This is proved wrong by the fact that there is a Con in this argument. I don't find it funny. So we can eliminate that. That leaves the other option, based on your evidence. That's 460 people out of 7,000,000,000 (there are more, but I'm making a generous estimation in your favor). 0.0000000657142857143% of people find it funny. Therefore, the human race, as a mass, does not find it funny. The percentage is simply to low to consider it such. If we find it funny, then we can consider the human race as a mass anything, which means we can also classify them as a mass that doesn't find it funny. A superposition. To avoid this, it only makes sense to say that it's not funny.

That's my final say on the matter.
Posted by BigDLando 4 years ago
BigDLando
you're too illiterate sir.
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
This debate is clearly meant to be very light and funny, thugerotica. Try not to be so serious. ;)
Posted by thugerotica 4 years ago
thugerotica
yo the person voting con is a fuckin idiot dont vote for this dochue bag
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
On a scale of 1 to 100, how mature would you rate yourself?
69
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
69
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
And by people, I assume you mean a mass of individuals who share something in common, such as a species (human). Very well. Please post your first argument so that I may post mine. I'm assuming the third round will only be for rebuttals.
Posted by threecreation 4 years ago
threecreation
i would define "funny" as something that makes people laugh
like family guy
Posted by BennyW 4 years ago
BennyW
If you think 420 is funny than you are a Nazi. Shame on you for thinking, Hitler's birthday is funny.
Posted by thugerotica 4 years ago
thugerotica
Someone debate this guy. I'm interested. I honestly do not know my position on this whole 420 and 69 business. I mean, it could honestly go either way!
Vote Placed by Darong 4 years ago
Darong
threecreationTheDarkMuffinTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am actually quite fond of the 69 position, I think it is quite fun... I mean funny.
Vote Placed by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
threecreationTheDarkMuffinTied
Reasons for voting decision: 69 is getting old, and 420 was never funny. "The proof is in the puddign!"
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
threecreationTheDarkMuffinTied
Reasons for voting decision: I assume this was a troll debate? Anyway the numbers failed to make me laugh, and if it's a practical argument pro's case was no more than an argument by assertion.
Vote Placed by Kwhite7298 4 years ago
Kwhite7298
threecreationTheDarkMuffinTied
Reasons for voting decision: http://www.420sailing.org/ is a 420. 420s are not funny. -----srsly...vote to Con because I feel bad for Con because of all the effort than con put in whereas pro did basically nothing. sources tied, nobody had sources.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 4 years ago
MassiveDump
threecreationTheDarkMuffinTied
Reasons for voting decision: The proof is in the puddign!