Bob_bob
verh0fstadt

Is Affirmative action good?

verh0fstadt has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Bob_bob

Con

We will use round 1 to just say that we are ready to debate. In each round (Except for round 1) we will say our arguments and counter arguments. Round 5 will be used to close are arguments and give our final statements. Then there will be a 1 week voting period until someone gets chosen to be the winner. Hopefully whoever decides to debate me understands everything I said and lets get into it.
verh0fstadt

Pro

Like I've said in other debates; I'd prefer you don't dictate how the debate runs, but sure.

Looking forward to it
Bob_bob

Con

I just wanted to set up some rules so we understand each other, so I am sorry if it seemed like I was dictating the debate.

1. Affirmative action is unfair as in a white person who has worked most of their life would have a lower chance of getting a job just because there is someone who has no experience at all but is the right skin color. Affirmative action came from the idea that white people had treated most minorities badly in the past, so now they have a higher chance to get into schools and get jobs. White people from the past are not the same people that are here today, so it makes no sense to punish a new generation. Racism is not as a big issue as it used to be. If someone wants to go against racism towards minorities then the solution is not to be racist towards majorities.

2. When you try to get into a school or get a job race should not be a factor. How hard you work, what you're good at and your intelligence should be the deciding factors. Race should have nothing to do with it.
Posted by Bob_bob 5 months ago
Bob_bob
Well ok I guess you forfeited. Maybe you shouldn't have tried to debate about something that you could not make a single defense about.