Rjupudi18
TheShah

Is Allah the God of the Bible?

TheShah has forfeited round #2.

Rjupudi18

Con

I have chosen Con which means I believe Allah is not the God of the Bible. I ask my opponent to have a civil, respectful and thoughtful debate. First round will be acceptance, second round will be arguments and third round will be final statements and conclusion.
TheShah

Pro

I believe the god is the same for the religion of the three books. The religion of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all believe in one same god. "Allah" just means god in Arabic. The title does not differ to what Christians believe in god. the difference only comes in the books that were given to each religion. Another main reason I believe this is the same god is because Prophet Muhammad was mentioned in the bible and the Torah. I do not believe that the Allah is just the god of the bible, but of the god of Torah as well.
Rjupudi18

Con

I thank my opponent for his/her response. My opponent has made some arguments to support his/her stance on this topic and I will refute their statements.

"The religion of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all believe in one same god.". It is true that Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all monotheistic religions meaning that they believe in one supreme deity. This doesn't necessarily mean all three religions worship the same deity. For example, if I just made up a religion that worshipped the Flying Spaghetti Monster and then claimed this is the one true god and that Allah and the Flying Spaghetti Monster are the same god just revealed in different books, would my opponent consider it valid? That's the same reaction we have when Muslims assert that the god of Islam is the same as the God of Christianity.

"The title does not differ to what Christians believe in god. the difference only comes in the books that were given to each religion.". God is defined by His nature and His actions, not by a title asserted to Him by humans. When we compare the god of the Quran to the God of the Bible, we must first test the nature and defining characteristics that separate these deities to understand if they're indeed the same god as my opponent suggests. Let's look at a few examples:

1. Allah only loves the believers (Muslims) and hates the unbelievers (non-Muslims). His love is conditional. Christian God loves everyone equally. His love is unconditional.

2. Allah is called the master and Muslims are called his slaves. A master cannot love his slave. Christian God is called Father and He calls us His children. God loves us so much that He would even die on a cross to save us from sin.

3. Allah is unknowable and unapproachable. The god of the Quran is a distant god who is very alien to humanity. Christian God is knowable and approachable. The relationship between God and Christians is very personal like that of a parent and a child.

There are many more differences between Allah and the Christian God but the above examples should be enough. If Allah is the God of the Bible as my opponent suggests, how can God love everyone and not love everyone at the same time. How can God not be our Father and be our Father at the same time. How can God be knowable and approachable and be unknowable and unapproachable at the same time. It should be clear by now that Allah and the Christian God are not the same god.

"Another main reason I believe this is the same god is because Prophet Muhammad was mentioned in the bible and the Torah.". I can assure my opponent that Muhammad was never mentioned or foretold in the Bible. The only place Muhammad was mentioned in the Bible was when Lord Jesus Christ warned His disciples of the coming of false prophets (Matthew 7:15). Since Muhammad is a false prophet, this verse can apply to him and many other false prophets that came before and after him.

"I do not believe that the Allah is just the god of the bible, but of the god of Torah as well.". I would like to inform my opponent that the Torah is part of the Bible. The first five books of the Old Testament collectively are known as the Torah. I already have established the fact that Allah is not the God of the Bible, therefore, he cannot be the God of the Torah as well.
Posted by Rjupudi18 3 months ago
Rjupudi18
@Pigney I know what you mean. Muslims want you to think we worship the same God bu in fact, we don;t.
Posted by Pigney 3 months ago
Pigney
In "faith" yes, in "fact" no. Whilest the Islams believe in one god, they would be correct, and thus believe in the same God as Christians in faith, but in fact, they do not believe in the Trinity, and so they cannot be believing in the same God as the Christians, by fact. If that makes sense. I did not explain too well, but i am just trying to get the gist of my opinion across.
Posted by TheShah 3 months ago
TheShah
completely forgot to reply. I apologize. I would be able to reply if you gave an extension, or maybe we could make a new one with everything posted the same till now.
Posted by TheThinker01 4 months ago
TheThinker01
You contradicted yourself.

First you said "Allah loves the believers"

Then you said "a master cannot love his slave", please be consistent.

I don't believe the trinity is Allah at all however. Allah is one god alone, the trinity is 3 in one. The god of the bible lost a wrestling match to Jacob, so isn't all powerful. (Genesis 32.21-34).

Tried to murder Moses also (Exodus 4.18-31).