MicheIIe
barnettcaleb1

Is America Rape Culture?

MicheIIe has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

MicheIIe

Con

According to the dictionary, rape culture is defined as a society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.

America is NOT rape culture.

Rapists don't get high-fives or goody bags when they rape people. They get punished and go to prison. Even people who never even raped anybody in their life, and just made a rape joke can get fired from their job.
barnettcaleb1

Pro

I actually remember the other day at the bar a guy talking to a group of guys and he shouted, "I raped someone," and he was given, like, at least 3 goody bags. So, you're wrong.
Posted by Meshh 1 month ago
Meshh
@pointydelta I"d first like to ask you why you believe that Ben Shapiro doesn"t know what he"s talking about in relation to this topic. Secondly, I"d like to say that there is no rape culture that exists in the United States. Although there is a small percentage of the population that may endorse rape, this group of people is obviously affected severely by mental illness. The act of raping someone and scarring them for possibly the rest of their life is in explicable horrible and anyone that is found to have committed a crime along these lines needs to be taken off the streets and locked up.
Posted by Asyco 1 month ago
Asyco
I think you will struggle to find anyone who actually agrees with this.
Posted by PointyDelta 1 month ago
PointyDelta
Ben Shapiro, with respect, is complete and utter trash on the subject. He's a vanilla conservative who has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

I can't be bothered to engage with someone who clearly misunderstands the priors anyway
Posted by PointyDelta 1 month ago
PointyDelta

Posted by Truth-Over-Emotion 1 month ago
Truth-Over-Emotion
@PointyDelta, then join the debate. Also, @thehappy has good advice. Ben Shapiro is great for a debate like this.
Posted by thehappy 1 month ago
thehappy
Make sure to look up Ben Shipiro for this topic. He has a lot of great points.
Posted by PointyDelta 1 month ago
PointyDelta
>Rapists don't get high-fives or goody bags when they rape people.

lol this isnt even close to what rape culture is