Lionstar
alan13510

Is America the world's most powerful superpower?

Lionstar has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Lionstar

Pro

The USA has the biggest economy and has the biggest defense budget in the world. It also has one of the most powerful military in the world. With some of the most powerful nations as allies.
alan13510

Con

While with materials and allies, the US poses top dog, overall I believe that it is losing its edge. Look at us, republicans and democrats are arguing like toddlers, everyone in America is divided. We can't work as half a nation. I am American Chinese, born in Michigan and I live in SC. I've lived in America all my life, but have lived in China for 9 months visiting my family. China has MANY faults, but truly, patriotism and loyalty are strong there. Look at us Americans. Patriotism is almost gone, with people not standing for the flag and burning the american flag. Loyalty lies to the left and right wing parties instead to our nation as a whole. Truly, America has potential. But we need both left and right wings to fly! China's power is rising, and I warn America to beware, for even our allies could not help us if we are divided and fight off the military might of China and Russia. China has an available manpower of 750,000,000, while the Us has an available manpower of 145,000,000.
Posted by Truth-Over-Emotion 1 month ago
Truth-Over-Emotion
China may actually have us beat economically. If I were you, I'd take another look back at those rankings. We're still in the top 3, 5, and 10 in all categories, but we've certainly fallen quite a bit. And while China is going back towards communism, they're rising pretty quickly. One thing we have that no country will have for decades, if not centuries, though, is our military strength.
Posted by Lionstar 1 month ago
Lionstar
The whole country is a superpower.
Posted by Lionstar 1 month ago
Lionstar
America is leading the world in more than 1 category and has been a superpower since like 1918.
Posted by philochristos 1 month ago
philochristos
I don't think America has any super powers. America is more like Batman. We just have a lot of resources and scientists.