madeT
Eoads

Is Android better than Apple?

Started: 3/10/2016 Category: Technology

madeT

Pro

In my opinion Android is better than Apple. One passage that supports my thesis is Android has a larger variety of devices. For example you can get a compact phone, something with a huge touchscreen, a stylus, a rotating camera, an edge screen, or even a physical keyboard. From this passage I can infer With a larger variety of devices the price ranges change. So if you can't afford a new Apple phone which can cost from 600-900$ a cheaper alternative is an Android phone that might not be as well known but can be just as good as the top tier Apple phone. Some supporters of Apple might say that Apple has better apps and gets them first. While it may be true that Apple gets the best apps first, but it's important to remember that there is a bigger app market on Android and most of the apps are free or at a discounted price. In conclusion Android has more devices to offer and features.
Eoads

Con

Another reason Apple devices are better is there are some apps you can get on IOS but not Android. For example, an app you can"t get on Android devices but only on IOS devices is Adobe"s Photoshop Sketch. Adobe Photoshop Sketch is a popular expressive art app. Sure you could get some popular apps on both devices but apps on Apple devices will most likely have better characteristics and a better design. People who buy phones will most likely download an app so having better characteristics and design is what customers will be looking for when buying a phone. This is also good for the developers because there are other apps out there with good designs making the developers want to compete against other developers which will make the developer improve their app significantly. People who support Android may say that cheaper Android devices are still as good as a top tier iPhone but I am still correct because iPhones have a better camera. The iPhone 6s has a five megapixel front facing camera but on the other hand the Galaxy S6 has a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera making Android devices nothing like a "top tier iPhone."
madeT

Pro

There are many reason why Android is better than apple. One fact to consider is that Android also has the ability replace the software that came with your device with a custom ROM if you want to. This is essentially installing a new operating system and many Android users do it. Users do this get latest and most up to date versions of Android improved performance, efficiency and to get custom themes and modified user interfaces. Although opponents of Android insist that Apple Phones look better but this is false. This is all personal preference and has nothing to do with how the devices perform. In conclusion Android has custom roms while apple does not.
Eoads

Con

Apple iPhone's are better because people think that Apple iPhone's look better. One fact to consider is one record for Apple is they've sold over 4 million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 pluses on day of release. Most supporters of the iPhone suggest that Apple phones are better because they look better. This means a better design will make more people buy the phone leading to higher sales. This shows that Apple focuses on the design of the phone as well as the features. It also shows Apple cares about what their customers think about their product will make Apple improve their products in the future. Sure some may say Android is better because they have better features on their phones such as a back rotating camera but I am still right that iPhone's are better because Androids Galaxy S6 rear facing cameras are low quality with only 8 megapixels and iPhone's have a 12 megapixel rear facing camera. Therefore a low quality camera will mean lower sales because lots of people take images and they will look for a high quality rear-facing camera when shopping for a phone.
Posted by sebasifas 5 months ago
sebasifas
You can't compare a phone to an operating system... and Samsung isn't the only Android phone maker.
Posted by VikingEmergency 8 months ago
VikingEmergency
I wouldve said that I phones are incredibly more intuitive than the androids. I have used an android and for the first month or so I was just figuring out how to use the device to its maximum potential. Via routing and stuf... But I was able to jailbreak and tweak the iPhone at slightly quicker times but maybe it's because I was used to the iPhone interface.
Posted by famousdebater 8 months ago
famousdebater
Where are your sources for these statistics?