Bolas
gannon260

Is Anonymous really "bad"

Started: 2/13/2015 Category: News

Bolas

Con

This is purely an argument for the sake of your opinion if you choose to do so. My future opponent, just give your beliefs and a reason why you think that they are bad. Best of luck to you.
In my eyes the hacker group known as Anonymous is not bad. Now, they do things in ways that may not be the best, but they are purely for the people worldwide. From the U.S to France , to Greece, to Germany, and many more countries. They do not tolerate unfair judgement of people or the use of lethal force. Such as the KKK threatening to use force against non-violent protesters. Anonymous shut them down. The Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris led the Anons there to declare cyber war on ISIS and Al Qaeda. They were able to shut the Al Qaeda down on and off making it difficult for them to do anything. They have shut ISIS down and stopped them for only a few hours before they were back online. They are all over the world and try hard to expose threats such as the two terrorist groups I've mentioned earlier.
gannon260

Pro

"Bad and other concepts are merely constructs of perception. Many people percieve Anonymous as "bad."

http://mic.com...

To answer your question, much of anonymous' attacks in some way or another restrict free speech. They do not tolerate alternate viewpoints aside from their own. They block websites and people that oppose their own views and shut them down. Anonymous' attacks also have unintended consequences. Anonymous has brought down many Isis websites that could have been used for gathering information to destroy them. Anonymous has hacked into the Ku Klux Klan's twitter. This clearly defies the free speech on the internet. I believe that many of Anonymous' attacks are for their own "good." These attacks are against anyone who stands in their ways of their ideal version of the internet. Anonymous does target harmful people and bigots, but by doing so they endanger the internet to be as a free place to exchange ideas.

Bolas

Con

Bolas forfeited this round.
Bolas

Con

Bolas forfeited this round.
Posted by gannon260 2 years ago
gannon260
@daniel_nemes you don't vote based on opiniion, you vote based on how well each person performed in the debate. My partner forfeited 2 of the three rounds he had.
Posted by gannon260 2 years ago
gannon260
ehhh, it's cool
Posted by Bolas 2 years ago
Bolas
I apologize. I didn't think through properly and I didn't use my time. I apologize for not relying in time.
Posted by TheCynicalDebater 2 years ago
TheCynicalDebater
This is an intriguing topic! I cant wait to see how this plays out
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
No problem. It seems very common to new users, and can confuse the debate.
Posted by Bolas 2 years ago
Bolas
I fixed it. Thank you for letting me know.
Posted by Bolas 2 years ago
Bolas
Oops. My apologies.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
You seem to have pro/con mixed. This is a common problem on this site. Just answer your question. Is it "yes" or "true"? They you are PRO. So, your question is "Is Anonymous really "bad", and you, by choosing PRO say "Yes, they are bad".