RS3
lyokowarri0r

Is Apple Overpriced?

lyokowarri0r
Started: 5/19/2016 Category: Technology

RS3

Con

Apple is an electronic brand that is very popular. Many people say that Apple is overpriced, but do YOU think Apple is? I mean, it IS more expensive than most electronic brands (Samsung, Android Mi...) But is it really overpriced? Apple's electronics feature lots of comfortable features (Touch ID...) but does that really add that much of a price? OR, is the money all for the brand? In my opinion Apple is expensive, but not OVERPRICED.
lyokowarri0r

Pro

http://www.apple.com...

New Macbook. Over 1200 dollars

8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3: 67 dollars
Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz. 3X faster than what is in the Macbook: 200 dollars
Samsung 950 PRO Series - 256GB PCIe: 180
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 is just as strong as the one in the Macbook: 250 dollars
Most motherboards for this hardware are less than 100 dollars

So that is around 800 dollars. So you can buy a Mac for 500 dollars more than it is worth for you or just make your own computer. Apple buys parts in bulk and for a cheaper price than what can be done for the public, yet their price is unreasonably high. My desktop cost around 800 and blows this Mac out of the water because I don't cheap out on parts. I had to use comparable parts because you cannot buy the Apple computer parts alone. The parts I listed are of higher quality than Apple and still less expensive. Apple just wants your money. 500 dollar up-charge is overpriced.
RS3

Con

But some people LIKE Apple and don't think that their products are overpriced. It may be overpriced for poorer people, but I know that literally all my friends have AT LEAST one Apple device. Apple has its unique system of making people like it. So it's a little expensive. Not overpriced!
lyokowarri0r

Pro

It's okay for people to like Apple. You need to define things a bit better bub. You just admitted that Apple was overpriced for "poorer" people. That is a bit classist. Your friends do not represent the general public. Not many people can lay down 1500 dollars for a mediocre computer. This is really up to the voters. Is a 500-600 dollar up-charge really not overpriced and abusing company loyalty? I will keep with my homemade computers thank you.
RS3

Con

Holy cow you're like so good at this...! I honestly barely know what to say, but since I have to say something because my argument is due in less than 1 day (Yikes!) I guess I'll have to type something...

First of all, I have to say, your point of Macs being expensive is quite true. But Apple isn't focused on just the Macs. It has iPads and iPhones, iPods and Apple Watches. I have nothing to say about the Apple Watches. They're a no-no. But let's see here...

Very-berry honestly, iPhones and iPod Touches are almost the same thing, other than the facts that,
the iPhone can CALL...
the iPhone has cellular data
the iPhone (5s and up) has the TOUCH ID sensor
and the iPod Touch can't/doesn't.
The iPhone now is somewhat bigger than the iPod touch, also, has better cameras, display, +more.

BUT... Here's the thing. Seriously. The iPod Touch is $299 bucks. THAT, I do admit, is pretty impressive in my opinion. It's like a phone without the ability to call for $299 bucks, no extra. I use MY phone for social media, games, camera, but barely calling. That $299 bucks is a major WOW! (ALSO, 16GB is $249. $299 is for the 32GB version.)

The iPad mini 2 can be purchased at Apple for $329. That is pretty nice, too, even though it is not the newest model. I agree that the Macs are a little pricey, but what about the iPods and iPads?
lyokowarri0r

Pro

Apple is exclusive. The parts are all from Apple and cannot be found elsewhere. If your phone breaks or computer dies, you take it to an Apple store where they charge you so much to fix it, you might as well buy a new one. While normal PCs can be fixed with some simply Youtubing.

Now for phones: These are facts and are objectively true....not for debate. Nexus has better color ability and higher pixel density for a clearer picture.
Price:
iphone 6s : $700
LG Nexus 5X: $400(cheaper)
CPU:
Nexus has a 6 core cpu of 1.8GHz(more cores - faster)
iphone has a 2-core cpu of 1.85GHZ
Camera:
Nexus has a 12.3 MP cam(better)
iphone has a 12 MP cam
Software: The winner here really comes down to personal preference: Apple is slicker and more locked down, Android a little less buttery smooth but infinitely more customization.
Battery:
Nexus: 2,700 mAh(last longer)
iphone: 1,715 mAh

So tell me again, sir, why the hell would I pay 300 dollars more for something that is objectively worse in every regard.
RS3

Con

What about companies like Samsung? I know that the iPad mini is ofter cheaper than some Galaxy Tabs. And people pay the extra $300 for the design of the Apple phone, often, it is very slim. 📱
lyokowarri0r

Pro

lyokowarri0r forfeited this round.
RS3

Con

Just because Apple is expensive doesn't mean that it is overpriced. If you think that Apple is expensive, don't buy it. Many people use Apple, and they don't think that it is overpriced. Overpriced would be, let's say, $2000 for an iPhone. I do not think that Apple is overpriced. I see like everyone on the street walking with an iPhone. 📱
lyokowarri0r

Pro

lyokowarri0r forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 8 months ago
lord_megatron
RS3lyokowarri0rTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, so conduct goes to con. Pro argued that assembling the part of an apple device together is much cheaper than buying it, and that 500 dollar upcharge is overpriced. Con argues that apple is expensive but not overpriced, which is supposed to be the same. Con conceded mac is overpriced, then he brings up the iphone issue, which pro rebutted with comparison of LG nexus and Iphone 6s. Pro's main argument was that 300 to 500 dollar upcharge was too much, while con weakly argued it was expensive but not overpriced.