Master-of-Infinity
valforvulika

Is Apple going to decrease in rankings after the years?

Started: 5/19/2014 Category: Technology

Master-of-Infinity

Pro

Hello, this is the introductory round where we discuss our beliefs and positions on this topic. I will be supporting, Apple WILL become lower in rankings after a period of time. I believe this is true because Steve Jobs has died, and he has only planned the iPhones up to the iPhone 5S. Steve Jobs was probably the only reason Apple was the top for the smartphone business, and since he is dead, Apple will be dominated by companies such as Samsung and Microsoft, etc. who's bosses are still alive. Also, according to research on google, the iPhone 6 has been leaked, and it resembles the galaxy completely, which shows Apple has officially ran out of ideas. For instance, Apple has copied the smooth edges of the galaxy, and the size is basically the same size as the galaxy. The camera of the iPhone 6 also resembles Galaxy's camera a lot. Apple probably has done that because of the superior amount of megapixels on the Galaxy's camera. I currently own multiple iOS devices, and with every software update there is a very annoying bug. For instance, the iOS 7 keyboard is so annoying because the keys don't work at random times. Additionally, the computers made by Apple are TERRIBLE. For instance, according to http://www.computerhope.com..., more people are using and developing for PC computers running Microsoft Windows, which helps give it a much larger selection. In addition, there is an almost endless supply of 100% free programs, and for any program that does come out on the PC and the MAC, the PC version is often released first. Additionally, to help keep the overall costs low some PC manufacturers build their computers from plastics and other cheaper materials when compared to a Mac. Additionally, there are also PC manufacturers who meet and sometimes exceed the quality of Apple computers and Apple still does use plastic in some of its products. Ultimately, computers and laptops made by other companies exceeds the gaming experiences, quality, software, and price of Apple computers and laptops.
valforvulika

Con

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." - Charles Colton

I do not think just because of Job's death Apple will be tumbling down the hill anytime soon. Apple reportedly has $150 Billion cash in hand - more than the US Government has. Although I, myself, prefer Android, I do believe Apple is a well run company and has a great team of innovators.

In regard to how the "iPhone 6" was leaked and how "Apple copied the...galaxy", well, throughout the world, there have been court cases and Courts have repeatedly voted in Apple's favor because Samsung was copying Apple. The door swings both ways here - To say Apple has ran out of ideas is like saying Samsung ran out of ideas years ago.

Who knows, Apple hasn't even announced their next iPhone, so how can we trust the internet?
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

The internet could be right and predictions or leaks of future products on the internet are highly accurate when describing future phones or other smart devices. Also, you have not mentioned the bad computers and laptops made by Apple. You have also not mentioned several of my points such as the iOS problems. I also completely disagree with your opinion of Samsung. Your opinion of Samsung copying Apple is pointless because all companies will eventually "accidentally" copy each other. Additionally, Oracle"s co-founder and CEO Larry Ellison says Apple will always be in trouble without Steve Jobs. This proves that Apple has been defeated in the phone business. Furthermore, Apple was in trouble when Steve Jobs wasn"t around in the 1990s which means Apple will be in trouble again unless they find some genius prodigy. Ellison supports, "Well, we already know. We conducted the experiment. I mean, it"s been done.
We saw Apple with Steve Jobs [Ellison motions his index finger upwards as if drawing an upwards-sloping curve].
We saw Apple without Apple without Steve jobs [Ellison motions his finger straight down].
We saw Apple with Steve Jobs [Ellison again motions his finger upwards in a curve].
Now, we"re going to see Apple without Steve jobs [Ellison lowers his whole hand]." "Okay, okay. I"ll say it publicly: he"s irreplaceable". They won"t be nearly as successful because he"s gone."
My sources are for this argument yahoo.com and the official works of Apple.
valforvulika

Con

valforvulika forfeited this round.
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

I see my opponent has forfited the round which means I win that round. Since my opponent did not say anything I have nothing to say about this topic.
valforvulika

Con

valforvulika forfeited this round.
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

Master-of-Infinity forfeited this round.
valforvulika

Con

valforvulika forfeited this round.
Posted by ColeTheGreat411 3 years ago
ColeTheGreat411
im batman