Cm57105
osnapitzme

Is Avril Lavigne better than Taylor Swift?

Started: 3/13/2014 Category: Music

Cm57105

Pro

Okay, so this round is just acceptance into the debate and then we'll kick it off. Whoever decides to challenge this thinks that Taylor Swift is better than Avril Lavigne, NOT the other way round.

Please, make the arguments reasonable and logical,

And have FUN!
osnapitzme

Con

I accept this challenge.
Cm57105

Pro

Okay, thanks for accepting this debate. I'll kick this off with a couple of arguments, and you can go for a rebuttal in the next post. Okay, here we go...

1. Lets look at their song choices/topics.

From all of Taylor Swift's albums and original songs, I'm almost definitely sure that about 90% percent maybe more of the songs are about heartbreak and love. Its just I don't know, tedious. I've listen to almost all of Taylor Swift's song and perhaps the rhythm and music is different but the lyrics and meaning are just boring.

Boring.

Take Last Kiss for example, off her album Speak Now. It's pretty much the exact same as her other song Dear John, with the same slow rhythm, extended length and cliche meaning. It's about how Taylor got her heart broken AGAIN and how she's suffering so badly.

Lets rewind. Taylor Swift is 25 years old, beautiful, successful. There must be something reallyy wrong with her if she can't hold a single guy. I have a sneaking suspicion shes just making this all up and shes secretly married to some handsome pool cleaner or something.

So wrapping that argument up, I think Avril Lavigne's better in terms of songwriting, as Taylor writes all her songs about one subject and they're all quite boring, with a slow rhythm.
osnapitzme

Con

1. Song choices/topics.

I agree that most of her other songs are about romance and heartbreak. However,my opponent states that all of her songs meanings are simply boring, I disagree with this. The meanings in some of her songs are actually really relatable such as 'A Place In This World.' I can relate to this song so much as it is about her dreams. Some lyrics include,

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in
This world

This song describes me perfectly right now.

I feel that 'Last Kiss' relates to girls after a hard breakup, the words you really want to say. 'Dear John' is about John Mayer and about the fact that he led her on. These are both very powerful songs. You may believe that heartbreak songs are bad but believe it or not, many people relate to them.

Taylors song 'Tied Together with a Smile' is such a supportive song. Taylor has revealed that this song is about her friend who everyone thought was perfect and always smiling but deep down, she was broken. She also revealed that she had a eating disorder, many girls do not feel good enough nowadays, this song suggests to us that everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Take Avrils song 'Bad Girl', it's a horrible song for young girls to listen to. Its just slutty, and you think Taylor Swifts songs are bad?

Also, Taylor probably can hold a guy but maybe she wants to find the right man?
Cm57105

Pro

Cm57105 forfeited this round.
Cm57105

Pro

Cm57105 forfeited this round.
osnapitzme

Con

osnapitzme forfeited this round.
Cm57105

Pro

Cm57105 forfeited this round.
osnapitzme

Con

osnapitzme forfeited this round.
Posted by winno67843 2 years ago
winno67843
Avril lanvigne is better