Koolbru28
NKJVPrewrather

Is Baptism required for salvation?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Koolbru28

Con

I will prove the biblical truth that baptism is not required for salvation. I intend this debate to be based on the Bible alone. My argument is as follows; according to Acts 13:19,16:31, Romans 4:4-5 and Ephesians 2:8-9, baptism is not required for salvation. It is a Sacrament that we do to obey Christ
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Good works are the result of, not the cause of salvation.
Posted by NKTheChef 1 month ago
NKTheChef
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16, NKJV). Jesus told Nicodemus, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water [baptized] and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (John 3:5, NKJV)

It is necessary.
Posted by Koolbru28 1 month ago
Koolbru28
@buildingapologetics I feel the same way
Posted by buildingapologetics 1 month ago
buildingapologetics
@NKJVPrewrather Why did you accept this debate when you completely agree with your opponent and disagree with the premise you should be defending? Perhaps you should actually read debates before deciding whether or not to join.
buildingapologetics