lovecandy365
Bezaleel

Is Barack Obama the worst president?

lovecandy365

Con

I believe that Barack Obama IS NOT the worst president, I believe James Buchanan is, He refused to challenge either the spread of slavery or the growing bloc of states that became the Confederacy. Another is John Tyler, He was a stalwart defender of slavery who abandoned his party's platform once he was president. People accuse him of putting the US in debt, haven't all the other presidents? So thereof I believe that Obama is not a bad president.
Bezaleel

Pro

I have chosen to accept this challenge not because I necessarily believe that Barack Obama is the worst president the U.S. has had (however certainly not the best}, but because you seem to have a misunderstanding as to why many believe he is.

In your brief argument you claim that "all the other presidents" have also put this country in debt, therefore he is not a bad president. If we do a little research on this, you will find that there are 41 out of 44 presidents who kept the nations public debt as a share of GDP below 50%, 11 of which left office with no debt or close to none with your oh so favorite James Buchanan and John Tyler barely surpassing 1% . Of the 3 remaining presidents, Obama has left the country with the largest debt percentage since World War II, second largest of all the presidents, at a 74% GDP that has since accumulated to 17 trillion dollars in debt.
lovecandy365

Con

Although you have a persuading argument, I am not just focusing on out US debt. I am also focusing on what your opinions are of who is the worst president.
Bezaleel

Pro

Aside from Obamas obvious spending flaws and the mass amount of debt we now face, I believe Warren G. Harding is the most qualified for the position of worst president. Although Buchanan receives much criticism for not fighting to prevent the Civil War and the stop of segregation, his actions merely hastened the inevitable war between Northern and Southern states as conflict had over time grown to a point where it was "beyond the power of the president to restore peace and harmony among the states" (Buchanan.) Warren G. Harding, on the other hand, has since been known as the most corrupt president in history, and rightfully so. During the time of his presidency, he hand picked his cabinet, which was made up of close friends of Harding those of which spent a majority of time gambling and participating in illegal activities. This group of men became known as the "Ohio gang" and were later charged with defrauding the government, ultimately driving Harding out of office and leaving the U.S. citizens with virtually 0 hope and trust in the government.
lovecandy365

Con

lovecandy365 forfeited this round.
Bezaleel

Pro

Bezaleel forfeited this round.
Posted by TheGreatDebater1 12 months ago
TheGreatDebater1
Barrack Obama is far from the worst president, whoever made this debate is not intelligent I mean you are the worst debate maker ever. I dont even have to state facts because the bottom line is he did things other presidents couldn't do and I doubt hes worst than Andrew Johnson who is 1 of the 2 presidents that were impeached.