tahir.imanov
10edwardsd

Is Bible true or is it revelation from God?

tahir.imanov

Con

Debate Rules
  • First Round :

Introductions, short reasons why Bible is true/not true. Point which are going to be held as proof for/against Bible.

• Second Round :

Arguments to prove Bible is true/not true.

• Third Round :

Rebuttals; And at the end of arguments opponents will ask 5 questions to each other which are answered in fourth round.

• Fourth Round :

Answers and conclusions.

The reasons which I am going to give to prove my point are:
1. Bible contradicts attributes of God.
2. Bible contradicts concept of revelation.
3. Bible contradicts itself.
4. Bible contradicts basic scientific and arithmetic facts.
5. Bible contradicts common morality and ethics.
6. Chain of transmission is unknown/lost.
7. The books in the Bible are not in original languages.
8. Manuscripts contradicts each other.
9. Manuscripts are written century(s) later.

6, 8 and 9 are related to each other, but I am going to analyze each of them. If you read 5 and say, “it cannot be true, Bible is the source of morality”, then you have not read the Bible.

Thank you for reading,

….. and I ask the opponent to follow the rules.

10edwardsd

Pro

God isnt real
tahir.imanov

Con

My opponent is wasting my time, by not posting any argument, I will re-open this debate, when time runs up.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
tahir.imanov

Con

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
tahir.imanov

Con

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
first of all, I am not a muslim.

but I have read about islam and christianity, when you analyse christianity objectively, it is so absurd.

they believe in trinity which is not claimed in the book of its own. anyway, it is stil so absurd. trinity is composed of: jesus, father god and ghost god.

according to them, Jesus is god, ghost is god,father is god and they three form one god. it means 1+1+1-=1

some christians may say: it is like to a human consisted of soul, spirit and body. no, it is not like to it.

I am artur, I maybe consisted of body, spirit and soul but my spirit is not a human, it is part of a human, it is 1/3 of a human, soul and body are also 1/3 of me.

but they believe jesus as god, not 1/3 of god, then it can not be said 1/3+1/3+1/3.

and some scholars say that it is 1x1x1. it is also wrong, first there are three objects there, hence it can not be one, anyway, trinity is seperated into three: now imagine, I have three dollars, I give one dollar to Tahir, the second dollar is with me and the third one is in the bank. these three form one budget which includes 3 dollars, now in order to make it 3 dollar i have to multiple them according to the logic which says trinity is 1x1x1.. let us do it together: 1x1x1=3 or 1+1+1=3. you choose,
Posted by UltimateReconsiliation 3 years ago
UltimateReconsiliation
I would gladly take on this debate whether my opponant is either pro or con. I believe the scriptures (pre translation) are absolutely true and infalible.

Any translations from the original into any language are and will be translated with errors since we must admit that it is impossible for ancient languages to be translated perfectly into another without the translator having to interpret those writings according to his own theology/doctrine.

Some of these translations, primarily first in Latin, then English have been altered by those seeking to change the word of God to better suit their goal of control of the masses such as eternal hell and suffering. a quick discussion on word usage clears up this false doctrine that these two ancient languages never spoke on matters of eternality but only spoke within the confines of the ages up until the consummation of those ages. After this there is almost nothing spoken. How do we kow we shall live forever you ask? Because we are promised IMMORTALITY (deathlessness), not ETERNALITY (timelessness).

Its time to restore those ancient writings as many are in this world today trnalsating properly and leaving words as they are if not properly understood what the definition could be.

Concordant Publishing Concern has done a fabulous Job in their translation. No theological input. If a definition is unknown the word remains in its original word leaving the reader the opportunity to study its usage to determined its definition.

With this said, No, the King James bible and all of its sister translations are not infallible, and therefore takes much study to come to the knowledge of the truth, however, I believe that this was done by the will of God. Because it is not for all to know the mystery of the kingdom, save God elect in this world, just as he did with his disciples teaching them alone of his parables while leaving the rest in Babylon (confusion).

Peace.
Posted by tahir.imanov 3 years ago
tahir.imanov
Please stick to the topic
Posted by tahir.imanov 3 years ago
tahir.imanov
Are you going to post argument???