jcust106
Dmot

Is Bigfoot real or not ?

Dmot

jcust106

Pro

Is Bigfoot real or not ?
Many think he is and many think he is not.
What do you think ?
I believe he is real.
Dmot

Con

I will argue that bigfoot is probably not real. The reason for this is that there is a lack of evidence for bigfoot's existence.
Most evidence can be explained by mistakes and hoaxes. For this reason I think that the claim that bigfoot exists is unsubstantiated. It is the job of pro to demonstrate that in fact bigfoot does exist. The burden of proof lies on the pro to prove that bigfoot does exist. The burden of proof lies on me to prove that he does not. The proper response before any evidence is given is the default: to withhold belief. This is, one should lack belief in bigfoot and hold that "I do not believe in bigfoot." I am arguing however a more positive claim that bigfoot does not in fact exist.

I am going to argue from the absence of evidence. It may seem as though absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. This is in fact true in some cases. However, wherever there should be evidence, the absence of evidence does count as evidence of absence. We should be able to find evidence for bigfoot if it does exist. The reason is that bigfoot is a large animal living among us. Some propositions, say aliens exist far far away, we cannot know and would not expect evidence. However with animals in our midst, we would expect various forms of evidence. I say that this evidence is not present. The reason the bigfoot rumor gets passed on is because it is interesting, funny, and people like to think about it. It isn't a serious hypothesis unless we find evidence.

Pro will probably claim various pieces of evidence like bigfoot sightings. Yet these are easily explained away as hoaxes and misunderstandings. There is no evidence that this is not the case. Since no direct bigfoot has been observed, and there is good reason that the bigfoot population isn't large enough to keep from being extinct, I argue that bigfoot is a false idea
jcust106

Pro

jcust106 forfeited this round.
Dmot

Con

Since pro forfeited, I thought I'd provide a link: http://listverse.com...
And of course I reiterate my arguments. Since the burden of proof is on pro, and I have yet to seen an argument,....
jcust106

Pro

jcust106 forfeited this round.
Dmot

Con

He forfeits again?
Posted by thebeliver11 2 years ago
thebeliver11
people who say not enough proof or "evidence" don't really seem to have an idea off what is out there. yes i am a believer because the number of sightings are increasing every single day and no body realizes the potential of something like this being out there. look im not having ago or anything i just think we need to take in account others thoughts.
Posted by thebeliver11 2 years ago
thebeliver11
Posted by HorseGirl64 3 years ago
HorseGirl64
I agree there is not enough proof to supply that Bigfoot is real. Therefor I am con
Vote Placed by leonardlewis4 3 years ago
leonardlewis4
jcust106DmotTied
Reasons for voting decision: All points to Con for finishing the debate, providing sufficient content for S&G analysis, Pro forfeited every round after the first, Con provided one source (reliable or not).
Vote Placed by ObiWan 3 years ago
ObiWan
jcust106DmotTied