TheResheimRises
coszmo

Is COD better than HALO?

Started: 4/23/2014 Category: Games

TheResheimRises

Pro

Rules-
Pro-Halo
Con-COD
Do not go overboard with your opinion, ex: So that is why halo sucks and COD is better.
10,000 Characters
72 hours to argue
This is to compare opinions. So don't go too far. And don't be a jerk...
That's all the rules.
coszmo

Con

os campaign is a work of art. It tells an in depth story, it wraps the gamer in a rich and detailed universe and has deep and memorable experiences. Halo has differing encounters with enemies, large scale battles, and breathtaking environments. Halo allows the player to approach battles in different ways, and has unparalleled soundtracks and game experiences.The level of design and detail totally trumps anything CoD's linear and cliche experience delivers.

Call of Duty"s single player experience is basically an on-rails cinematic experience with single-player gameplay that practically mimics the multiplayer, save the enemy AI are basically talking cardboard cutouts. There are those now ubiquitous "Michael Bay" moments where players "ooh" and "aah" but have no control over what happens. If your looking to see a crappy movie I might recommend CoD, if your looking to play a video game Halo is the clear winner.

2. In Halo you play as a cybernetically enhanced supersoldier with a hot AI sidekick named Cortana. In CoD you play as a generic miltary trooper.......Think about that for a second. The homeless dude that lives in the alley behind Denny's could of been a military trooper, your Dad could have been a military trooper, Hitler was once a military trooper, do you want to be like -Yoinking!- Hitler? No, you dont want to be like Hitler. You want to be Masterchief because you cant be him and hes the ultimate Hero.(Well most of us anyways.... dont want to offend anyone who thinks they are).

3. Halo has warthogs/golden warthogs(Yeah thsts right its a secret), banshees, mongooses,wraiths,tanks, ghosts, ect with high functionality and different functions(ie: Transport, splattering, turrets, shooting, flying, warthog derby, betraying teammates, ect...) that the player controls completely. These vehicles have more uses in the game than just slaying but also objective and transport. Lastly, they are balanced and treated like power weapons on long timers making it so they ADD to the gameplay but not ECLIPSE the gameplay something that would happen if they were not.

CoD doesnt have vehicles, but lame gimmicky attempts at vehicles like exploding cars and flying helicopters that you cant control. What is the point of having a helicopter in the game if I cant control it? It insults my intelligence that you do not see me as fit to drive the helicopter but would rather drive it for me on a set course so I can focus on spraying and praying for 45 seconds in this Death Star you call a helicopter. Again this all speaks to trying to create a cinematic experience even in MULTIPLAYER, this is not good gameplay but good screenplay.

4. Halo is balanced for competitve gameplay. The weapons, the maps, the ranking system, the equipment/AA's are all designed to work well in a competitve environment. Every weapon has a different functionality or use giving the game great weapon variety and depth. The maps vary from Blood Gulch,to Beaver Creek, to Prisoner to suit 1v1/2v2,4v4,and 8v8 matches. The weapons/power-ups/equipment/AA's are tailored to the map to suit different playstyles and strategies making each map its own unique experience. You can go from MLG 4v4 on Sactuary,to 2v2 on Countdown, to 8v8 on Hemmorage simply by changing playlists catering to every players wants and needs. Every new game is a different experience in Halo due to this layout as well because you are constantly adapting on the go and you are guaranteed that sniper rifle or certain playstyle you are accustomed due to the Sandbox nature of the game.

CoD is horribly balanced for competitve gameplay. Overpowered guns with no recoil, snap to the enemy ADS, no disadvantages , almost instantaneous kill times on any part of the body*(couple bullets anywhere), gimmicky perks that unbalance gameplay, and worst of all unlockable weapons and killstreaks which give experienced players the upperhand not because of their skill but their playtime and how well they can camp and statwhore their way to victory.

This is the equivalent of giving one player a gun while the other one gets a knife simply because of the time he spends on the game, this is the worst gamer design I have ever seen in my life. CoD spits at the idea of needing to have a fundamentally sound and balanced FPS to be sucessful and has influenced other games to be made like it. The most recent example of how Crysis and BF have succumbed to the "CoD effect" in throwing perks and killstreaks in their games. Crysis was practically ruined by doing this and I know the BF fans were not too happy with perks.

5. Halo has regenerating shields and more health allowing for in depth battles and exponentially more variety in encounters. Halo battles are about outsmarting and outperforming your opponent using your weapons,grenades, melee, and sometimes your equipment/AA to defeat your enemies. Its not all about who sees who first, because while that certainly is a large factor as in any FPS game there is a ton more decision making and skill that goes into a Halo match than any CoD match. T

The aspect of teammwork also shines in Halo. Players must teammshot effectively, they must hold map control, they control power weapons/power-ups, they employ set-ups depending on current game situation, they read and react to ever-changing situations on the fly, they must learn to play all roles, they must have map knowledge and positioning skills, they can manipulate the spawn system, ect... Halo shines in a team setting and has much more aspects to teammwork that make it a great game to play with friends and on a competitve level. You ever wonder why Halo is so fun to LAN? Its the team aspect of the game that is so fun.

Halo offers a deep,unique, and insanely fun and balanced multiplayer experience built on good game fundamentals and gameplay.

In CoD people die as soon as you see them. There is little skill or depth in gunfights beyond placing your reticle on your opponent first severely limiting the variety in gameplay. CoD's gameplay is redundent and repetitive, everyone is running around with overpowered assault rifles and its just a game of who sees who first. Despite having like 60 weapons only a couple of the better ones are used and 95 percent of the players choose the automatic weapons anyways because they have no weakness.
TheResheimRises

Pro

Well you made my jaw drop.... Anyways I am going to respond to the comment along with you. COD has been successful more than Halo because:
1. Its basically the same exact thing over and over again, just new guns and better perks.
2. Its really easy to make. There are no vehicles to add so its very easy to make the environment.
3. COD has more sales than Halo because you cant camp in a corner and the fact that it is for both Xbox and PlayStation. Halo is only an Xbox game.
4.No major changes to game play and the fact that you cant knife a Spartan in the foot and kill him unlike in COD.
5. The graphics look more realistic in COD unlike in Halo.
6. To my knowledge, you cant quick scope in Halo, unlike in COD.

Halo is Better than COD in MY OPINION because:
Its too easy to kill AI's in COD story line. The encounters in Halo make you think. The only thing I really like about COD is the zombies. Halo I like a lot more. Since Ghosts came out I thought that the story line was improving greatly. So now I think that Halo may have a competition with story line. But I enjoy Halo multiplayer more than COD multiplayer. I don't come across campers as often. COD multiplayer may improve if they added vehicles. That would make it more interesting than before. I also don't see as many hackers in Halo than in COD but I'm not saying that there are no hackers in Halo. I would say more but you already said everything about both.
coszmo

Con

coszmo forfeited this round.
TheResheimRises

Pro

I forgot that Halo has another superiority over COD. The fact that fans of Halo can make Machinima's. COD doesn't really have the tools like forge for fans to use. I really have not seen any COD Machinima's, but I see lots of Halo Machinima's. Red vs Blue is my favorite and you know what...? Its on Halo.
coszmo

Con

coszmo forfeited this round.
TheResheimRises

Pro

TheResheimRises forfeited this round.
coszmo

Con

coszmo forfeited this round.
TheResheimRises

Pro

TheResheimRises forfeited this round.
coszmo

Con

coszmo forfeited this round.
Posted by TheResheimRises 3 years ago
TheResheimRises
Yes... i would have went for COD but I don't like COD...
Posted by Paecmaker 3 years ago
Paecmaker
Wait are both pro halo?
Posted by Dishoungh 3 years ago
Dishoungh
I mean, if Halo is so much better, how come it doesn't have as many sales as CoD except the fact that Halo is a Xbox exclusive? No, better yet, why is it not as much of a strong franchise? Halo is practically dead with only a few people still playing it. CoD is still a strong, well-breathing franchise. CoD might still be around for another 3-5 years.