buildingapologetics
NKJVPrewrather

Is Calvinism Taught in the Bible?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

buildingapologetics

Con

I have been studying the issue for a while, and I have reached the conclusion that Scripture does not teach Calvinism. I am looking for a Calvinist to explain why they believe Calvinism is true. I would prefer to stay mostly on what scripture says, but we can additionally use philosophy to establish our worldview.

You and I will each have the burden of proving or disproving Calvinism respectfully. You may go first with your positive evidence for Calvinism.

So that you may know my position, I reject all 5 points of Calvinism. I also reject the Calvinist view of sovereignty and compatibilist free-will.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

The apostle Paul warned against sectarianism in 1 Corinthians 1. The Bible is a Judeo Christian book, end of story.
buildingapologetics

Con

While sectarianism is not advised, Calvinism is an important issue. Are you a Calvinist, and are you going to participate in the debate you accepted, or are you going to waste my time?
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I'm sorry. I have trouble reading. I forfeit.
buildingapologetics

Con

Okay thank you for letting me know