Nima304
Mallyowl

Is Canada a real place?

Nima304

Nima304

Con

Growing up, I was always lead to believe that Canada was a land filled with nice people and maple syrup that you go to when you die, if you lived a good and honest life. Now that I'm older, I realize that the myth of Canada exists solely to encourage children to behave when they're young, and has no factual hold in reality. There's no such thing as a moose, and flocks of meese don't roam through the beautiful countryside, drinking maple syrup and saying nice things about people's hats.

Adding on, I have some friends that firmly believe that the country of "Canada" is creating maple syrup bombs, which they'll use to destroy major US cities, and argue that we should invade Canada and stop them from using maple syrup technology to create weapons of mass destruction. I mean, come on, guys. A maple syrup bomb hitting New York would be great; everyone there could consume maple syrup for weeks at a time, although it would be difficult to get off of clothes and buildings.

I don't buy it, just as I don't buy that the police force of a country can maintain order and control armed only with pamphlets about Canada's responsible gun control. What do you guys think?
Mallyowl

Pro

Yes, Canada is a real place. I have never been there, but my parents have on their way to Alaska. So far you have not provided one substantial piece of evidence as to why it doesn't exist.
Nima304

Con

If you've never been there, how can you be sure it's a real place? A map will tell you that it's North of the United States, but who really knows for sure? Your parents, if they really are your parents to begin with, might have just been misleading you, or thought part of Alaska was actually Canada. Maybe there's a town in Alaska that calls itself Canada, and your parents got confused. I've met people that have claimed to be Canadian, but from their description of the place, it sounds like a part of France where people don't twirl their facial hair and are a lot nicer. Those people's houses burned down, so I never got to see a picture of the place. Oh well.
Mallyowl

Pro

Mallyowl forfeited this round.
Nima304

Con

I guess I win forever, then. Canada isn't real and neither is Australia.
Mallyowl

Pro

Mallyowl forfeited this round.
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Here is another is Canada real debate that I did with Nima34
http://www.debate.org...
PLZ vote
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
Oh come on they're both on real maps
Posted by Mhykiel 2 years ago
Mhykiel
Australia is not real. Everyone I know that has gone looking for Australia has never returned. It is a gaping whole in the ocean that sucks travelers to their doom. Hence why a bunch of criminals were sent there. And never heard from again.
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Nima, you'll see that Australia is a real place when a horde of jumping kangaroos with boomerangs come and slap you in the bum, mate.
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 3 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Y aren't u accepting the debate challenge I sent to u, Nima34?
dynamicduodebaters
I really want to debate this, Nima34, so If u don't start the debate tonight il start one tommorow
dynamicduodebaters
and btw, there is no law here about being nice....we are not fictional we get angry
dynamicduodebaters
ok well lets debate this then, ok? can u start it?
Posted by Nima304 3 years ago
Nima304
@dynamicduodebaters I think you're pretty upset, mate. I know when someone considers your ancestral land to be mythical, there is some room in your mind for anger. However, as this is a debate, you should try not to be offended by anything I or someone else says. Besides, I think one of the rules of Canada is that you have to be nice all the time, and since you've gotten upset, you've essentially broken the law. I couldn't imagine someone that gets upset as being Canadian.

Anyway, if I don't see something, and there's little to no proof of it existing, then it's reasonably improbable that said thing exists. Canada is "up there," but who really has the time to drive all the way to wherever Canada is supposed to be, especially with gas prices these days? I'm pretty sure gas was a lot cheaper 250 years ago, but the mapmakers of the time might have gotten to the Great Lakes, said "screw it," and made the rest of the map up. You never know.
dynamicduodebaters
honestly, i cant stand people who think that Canada is not real. just because you havent been there DOES NOT mean that it doesn't exist! everything is not suddenly "real" when you find it!
Vote Placed by Kc1999 2 years ago
Kc1999
Nima304MallyowlTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. But seriously. But Canada is seriously a better version of the United States. It doesn't exist.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Nima304MallyowlTied