PointlessQuestions
alric8

Is Capital Script ( Capitalizing The First Letter In Every Word) Accepteble In Writing

PointlessQuestions

Pro

Open Debate
First Round Is For Acceptance ONLY
I Wish My Opponent Good Luck
PointlessQuestions

Pro

PointlessQuestions forfeited this round.
alric8

Con

I assume that due to tradition, I have the BOP and therefore it is your responsibility to prove capital script is acceptable. I also assume you are talking about in passages as well as titles where I do think it is acceptable. But here is why I think it is unacceptable anyway:

A1: It looks stupid. What I Am Currently Writing Looks Very Strange And Annoying And Not Symmetrical, and words are short compared to sentences.

A2: It is against tradition, that is important, and any person with a little bit of common sense (LBCS so I don't have to write it again) will understand how annoying it can be.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

I Sincerely Apologize For The Forfeiture, Now For My Argument.
I Like To Start My Opening Argument By Thanking Alric8 For Accepting My Debate, I Myself Prefer To Write In Capital Script And Its Very Annoying When People Ask Me To Write In Standard Script. The People Who Prefer Capital Script Have Been Oppressed Far To Long, This Debate Is Where The Revolution Begins!

To Answer The Question Of Why It Should Be Acceptable To Write In Capital Script, We Must First Ask Ourselves Why Most People See It As Incorrect.
It Is Mostly Seen As Incorrect Because Of One Thing, Tradition
Actually The Practice Of Capitalization Isn't Even A Longstanding Practice.
In Latin, The Father Of The English Langue For Instance, Capitalization Wasn't Even Practiced At All.
The Ancient Romans Had No Form Of Capitalization In Their Language. The Practice Of Capitalization Was Introduced To The British Isle From The Saxon Tribes That Mass Migrated There In The 6th And 7th Centuries.
Thus English Was Created From Latin And The Saxon's Language.
Originally In Olde English All Nouns And Only Nouns Were Capitalized,
So Capitalization Isn't Even A Longstanding Tradition, Much Less The Type Of Capitalization That's Viewed As Proper Today
Since There Is No Tradition Behind Standard Script, Then The Question Becomes If The Practice Of Standard Script Is Worth Upholding.

The Answer Is No.
No Real Benefits Are Gained From Standard Script.
It Doesn't Make Make English Easier To Understand, In Fact The Practice Of Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Sentence Can Be Downright Confusing To People Trying To Learn English.

Thus Their Are No Real Benefits To Be Gained From Standard Script.
What Benefits Are To Be Gained From Writing In Capital Script ?
The Answer ? Very Few
Nothing Negative Occurs When Someone Writes In Capital Script.
Some Might Say Its Harder To Read, But Others (Such As Myself) Find It Easier To Read Capital Script.

Capital Script And Standard Script Both Have Very Few Negative Or Positive Consequences And Thus We Must Be Forced To Conclude That Standard Script And Capital Script Are Equally Correct And The Common Preference Towards Standard Script Is Arbitrary.

Over To You Con
alric8

Con

alric8 forfeited this round.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

alric8

Con

alric8 forfeited this round.