Repcon
marquettelddebate

Is Capitalism better than Socialism?

Repcon has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Repcon

Pro

I will argue that Capitalism is better than Socialism. The opponent will argue Socialism is better than Capitalism.
Debate Structure
Round One- Agree upon definitions if any, and accept debate rules
Round Two- Present arguments without rebuking what the opposing debater argued. So if I presented my argument first, you cannot rebuke the points that I made in your.
Round Three- NOW you can finally rebuke opposing arguments made by your opponents in Round Two.
Round Four- Defend your round 2 arguments WITHOUT introducing any new arguments.
MUST include sources for arguments.
Definitions
Capitalism- an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market
Socialism- any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods
2
a : a system of society or group living in which there is no private property
b : a system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state
3
: a stage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and communism and distinguished by unequal distribution of goods and pay according to work done
https://www.merriam-webster.com...
https://www.merriam-webster.com...
marquettelddebate

Con

Definitions
I will accept the Pro's definition of capitalism and socialism, but I would like to make it clear that the con clearly states that socialism is a different government than communism.