boii77
TheRealSpassky101

Is Christianity a good religion based off of logic or is it a false religion that should die

TheRealSpassky101 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

boii77

Pro

In this argument I intend to prove that Christianity really is a good religion and that there really is evidence behind the religion of Christianity.

Now though I have a specific job for my opponent your job is to completely disprove Christianity and do anything to make your side which is against Christianity sound better than mine. Therefore you can do whatever like for example ask me question that could possibly stump me (though the part about asking questions is just a suggestion, it would probably work good against me). Now LETS BEGIN!!
TheRealSpassky101

Con

My argument will be proving that there is not sufficient evidence of Christianity. You bear the burden of proof. Good luck.
boii77

Pro

Christianity is a correct religion and though many try to disprove I believe that I can prove it. First of all you need to understand that it is your job to hear me out. Now first of all in order to prove that Christianity is a good religion we have to first get to the credibility of the bible. I believe that the bible does give answers and there are somethings in the bible that cannot be denied. So for my first piece of evidence I'll be taking a quote from the bible and proving how it is correct.

Genesis 1:3 and god said let there be light and there was light.

Now this was the first thing that God had created and if you link it with science even science can prove that this is true. So now scientists have been able to trace back microwave radiation back to the beginning of time. So now what is light? light is a form of electromagnetic radiation and microwave radiation falls under this. So this proves that the bible was right about how the first thing created was actually light, and everything comes from something, everything that has ever happened has to have something that caused it and what i'm trying to say is that it is completely possible that God, a greater being is the one who created this light and this world.
TheRealSpassky101

Con

The Bible is not much of a credible source because its credibility is compromised by talking animals.

Yes I agree, that verse may fall to be correct, but the verses following completely ruin your evidence. The story of Adam and Eve cannot exist because it leaves no room for evolution, a PROVEN FACT.

The Bible says the universe is 10000 years old, so this completely discredits your claim that God caused the Big Bang.
boii77

Pro

Oh no man. You got me all wrong my point wasn't that God made the Big Bang but instead it was proving the fact that the Bible could have possibly been correct about the creation of earth.

Now second if God is real (which I believe) then you have to remember that in the bible it says that God is omnipotent therefore if he holds all power meaning if he wants to make a donkey talk then by all means he probably could.

Third, i'm interested in what you said about how the story of Adam and Eve leaves no room for evolution. Please explain, and also explain what your proof for the theory of evolution is.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Your using the bible to prove the validity of the bible, you my as well use Harry Potter books to prove magic. Religion will denounce science when it disagrees with its superstitious claims, but then uses science to prove its superstitious claims, you cant have it both ways. Science never uses religion to prove anything. Religious faith is both arrogant and ignorant.
Far from being arrogant the scientific method is one of humility. It acknowledges the limits of our current knowledge. It doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, but investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Boii77 should use the Ray Comfort "Banana example."
That'll totally win him the debate :^)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
religion is false
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
I say bible big for book more big than many.