LifeMeansGodIsGood
Finalfan

Is Christianity a repulsive religion?

Finalfan

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Appreciating Finalfin's honesty and coherency in expressing objections and asking
questions regarding the faith of the Bible, (As he did in his own debate under the same name as this debate title) and thriving on answering such questions and responding to such objections, it would be my pleasure to give and evangelistic attempt to win Finalfan over to Jesus Christ. I really don't care about winning the wote of observers. I want to win to Jesus Christ the soul of whoever is reading this. My reward will be in heaven, not on debate.org.
Finalfan

Pro

To begin this debate I will attempt to clarify my beliefs. I am not atheist. I do believe in the possibility of a God. Can this God be understood? Can you have a relationship with God outside of your own imagination.. more than likely not! To me God is indescribable and the belief in such an entity is unnecessary and innocuous! For thousands of years people have created myths and fairy tales to help fill the gap in our lack of knowledge of the universe.. Now we live in a time where God only fits in the model of The beginning, The end, or possibly existence itself! Religion has used this "God" for its own selfish purposes. Creating a "Big Brother" to fear and a system of followers who pay tribute to this majestic Deity while also paying hard earned cash to the Church.. So to be clear, Christianity in general is not repulsive. Who can be repulsed by the idea of God or the teachings of Jesus.. To me the repulsion comes from the church and religion in general, not just exclusive to Christianity itself.

I would like to borrow from Bill Maher to help illustrate this subject:

"One of the complaints leveled against me is, "Oh, Bill, you're such a meanie. Why do you have to go after religion? It gives people comfort; it doesn't hurt anything." Okay, well, other than most wars, the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, arranged marriages to minors, blowing up girls' schools, the suppression of women and homosexuals, fatwas, ethnic cleansing, honor rape, human sacrifice, burning witches, suicide bombings, condoning slavery, and the systematic fcking of children, there's a few little things I have a problem with."

To me this opens up the question "What if your wrong"? What if hell is not real.. Religious zealots have been threatening non believers with eternal hell fire with the only evidence coming from a book.. written by men, translated by men, and interpreted by men! So as far as we know, men created hell in their minds and spew hateful nonsense without any proof to back it up! So what if your wrong and we are some cosmic accident? Would you still feel as though you should be without scrutiny? Should we allow this kind of abuse? I say NO!!! If you are wrong.. You are foolishly tearing down the people who do not fall in line with your illusion!

I had mentioned in a previous comment that I have too much empathy to believe in hell. Somehow you took that as I do not want to believe in it because I do not want to burn for eternity. You must know the meaning of the word empathy.. it is not a feeling of self preservation but compassion for all humans who have had the fortune of living in a brutal violent chaotic existence. I can not and will not believe in a God that does not "Love" Everyone.. regardless of their beliefs or even actions! Hell would be unforgivable by all who are born, in fact it would make creating existence irresponsible for any entity with such power.. we should indeed fear this monster for it would mean we are simply the insect that God is grinding under his boot heel.. this God does not deserve my love let alone my worship.. I will leave you with 5 of my own quotes to sum up my feelings about "God"

"God is Love, everything else is a lie"
"God wants you to love him while the Devil demands your worship"
"It has been made plainly obvious that the God in which I am expected to worship is actually a vile, deceptive parasite AKA the Devil"
"Are you absolutely sure you do not worship the very entity you have been told is your enemy?"
"If I were the Devil I would do everything in my power to convince you I was God"
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Ok, I guess I made some mistakes from the start. Who knows what Christianity is? to Bill Maher and to Con, it is a repulsive religion I guess. I could have taken the pro side on that......probably should have, since knowing God is not a religion, it is a relationship. I think Con does not want to know God, the same as Bill Maher, because they love darkness. You will never come to know God if you insist you cannot know Him. God has revealed Himself to all and nobody will be able to say He did not when their time in their current body of death is finished.

You need to stop asking "what if you are wrong about hell" and start asking "what if I am wrong about hell fire and it's real? What if I'm unholy and God won't let me live forever in limbo and He won't let me escape in death? What if hell is real and I have to spend eternity there if not in heaven?

You won't know God by blaming Him for the problems in the world caused by people. You won't know God by blaming Him for the suffering in the world caused by sin. There is only one way to know God, and that is by believing He loves you and He took on a body to die in your place to pay for your sins so He could take your sins away and pardon you from your guilt which has you under death penalty now. He rose from the grave bodily because He had no sin of His own to hold him down like your sin will hold you down if you won't accept that God Himself paid for you with His own blood.

God has stretched out His hand to you every day. It's not His fault if you insist He is not there......and you can't expect Him to be patient with you forever, and you can't expect Him to forgive you if you don't care that He took your death in a most torturous way. It should be enough that your death is certain and all of your objections against God and all of your attempts to blame everything but yourself for your death will not deliver you from death........but for most people, it will not be enough. Not untill they have finally chosen to take their death on themselves as they enter timeless eternity will the believe that the fire of hell is where all sin will be forever confined one day, and God's heaven and His people will be purged from all remnants of sin's havock and chaos and those who received Jesus Christ the Lord by faith as payment for their sins will be resurrected with Him after admitting their guilt of sin before God and receiving Him as their Saviour.

People generally do not want to believe on Jesus because they preferr the pleasures of their own sin all the way to death and knowingly or unknowingly into the fire of hell. I believe if people really knew the danger they are in if they are dying in their own right, the danger of eternal damnation in fire of hell where the worm never dies and the fire is never quenched, I believe they would fear God and ask Him for mercy based on the blood He gave on the cross.

The wages of sin is death. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our LORD. You can go with Bill Maher if you want to, and enjoy the pleasures of sin as long as you can. I've gone to the cross with Jesus, , I"m going to carry that cross through this world, and I know He went ahead of me and I'm going with Him in His resurrection., and untill I see Him face to face I'll do all I can to obey and please Him. I love Him because He first loved me, and gave Himself for me when I was still His enemy. I know He paid for my sins and I am forgiven by Him. I know it was my death He took and now He gives me His eternal life. I know I'm going to heaven, and I know it is going to be good far beyond what I can imagine and far beyond what words can say because God is good and He delights to show Himself to be good so He delights to give to those who love Him all of the blessings of His glory......

God won't be patient forever with those who trample the blood of His Son in preferance of their pride and sin.
Finalfan

Pro

I'm glad you see my point. As I have said I have no problem with God in general (God could mean existence itself) just the religion spawned from the bible! However you have to know that a Benevolent all powerful creator would have no room in his creation for Sin. I do not actual believe in Sin in the conventional sense of the word. I see everything as part of nature. It is us who defines Good and evil. Where in truth everything is a natural process and is as it should be regardless of human judgement. I grew up with the same beliefs as I was indoctrinated into Christian ideology but it was more than easy to shed and see past the lies. Hell was my catalyst for questioning what I have been told. There are many interpretations that see hell as an oblivion of sin not eternal torture for souls, there is even a belief that God reserves hell for Satan and his demons alone.. You have to ask.. is everything in the bible the true "word of God" or did man create his own image of "Gods will" and the reality of metaphysical supernatural aspects that you find saturating the mythology in the bible? I cannot argue whether or not some of the bible could have come from divine wisdom channeling some entity that is beyond our physical world.. but the contradiction stands.. If God truly loves his creation: None will suffer in the end.. That is benevolence. Sending your children to burn for eternity is the epitome of malevolence. It does not align with any entity worth my admiration.

Your belief structure does not allow for scrutiny and I cannot be a part of blind faith! It is a rigid system that never admits its flaws and cannot see past its own design! That is why you seem to think that Maher and me "choose darkness" when in actuality we embrace truth as it is observed.. not just accepting what is told to us by man! Proof is in the pudding.. not your mind! The mind is deceiving and in some cases delusional. I believe you may be embracing your psychosis. It is normal if not natural to be bereft of distinguishing reality and fantasy as a coping mechanism for the harsh reality we belong to! The bible perpetuates a mystical world without presenting any real connections to our natural observable world. One example of this is Genesis and the denial of evolution! It simply does not fit and you have to stick your head in the sand because the bible claims its own validity! Anyone can write a book and use it to proclaim its contents as truth.. until reality comes and and eclipses those claims!

To be clear I do not "blame God" for anything.. However God does get credit for ALL EXISTENCE. Even if I don't like it! Which I never claimed to be disgusted by existence just the character in the bible known as "God".. at least the aspect of Gods judgements and punishments! If a watch is broken you blame the watch maker not the watch.. and that is exactly what we are: a functioning machine made to survive, procreate, and cultivate! If we are flawed (which I do not believe) then it is still part of the design.. as I said everything is as it should be and therefore nothing in existence is flawed. Again our idea of sin and righteousness is in our minds and does not exist in any other sense. If humans did not exist... the earth would continue to spin until the sun devours it. It is us who thinks we are the reason for existence and our ego cannot allow us to believe otherwise!

You seem to missunderstand my belief in God. I believe in God.. just not your God.. I have told you why.. Your God sounds like a devil and you have no evidence whether or not the God you worship is not "The Great Deceiver".. Everything I have observed points to the Abrahamic God as being a very evil anthropomorphic entity that is responsible for eternal suffering! Remember what I said.. :God is Love" anything outside of that definition is a lie! I know a part of you knows that in your heart and it is your blind faith that deceives you to believe otherwise! Ran out of characters...
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Ok, this time I'll start in the middle and directly address one of your statements: "Your belief structure does not allow for scrutiny and I cannot be a part of blind faith! It is a rigid system that never admits its flaws and cannot see past its own design! " I'll try to point out the flaws in your perception about God according to your own words. Your mulitude of accusations against God and the helter skelter appoach of arguments against anything that seems unfair or hard to accept for you make it hard to keep a focus. The problem is death. The questions is "what happens to me after my time in my dying body is over?" Why in the world would you listen to people who say you cannot really know what happens or where you will go when your death is finalized; or to people who say you cease to exist and in the end, you came from nowhere and you to to nowhere and are nothing? Are you sure it's my belief structure, and not yours, which avoids scrutiny?
Do you know how many people like me stood firm in their belief in spite of the most gruesome tortures inflicted on them, and in their agony as their bodies expired they sang praises to God and prayed for the people who felt judged by the beliefs they hated and could not get the believer to recant? Do you think they did not ssrutinize their own beliefs before they stood so firmly on them that it cost them their lives and an agonizing death? I say it's you who has not properly scrutinized your own beliefs. I'll try to build on some of the things you say that are correct and point out the flaws of some things that show your uncertainty and or error. All of the answers are in The Book (That's the meaning of the word "Bible".....biblios......The Book." There may not be enough room in this comment section to adress your questions about the veracity of the Bible as God's Word, but I can assure you the Bible itself answers these questions. If you reject the things Jesus Christ Himself said about hell and it's fire, you might as well throw your Bible in the trash and say "God, whom I don't believe I can know or understand, I'm not going to believe the fire of hell is real and people burn there paying for their sins forever: and if you send me there, it's not fair." Do you think God will buy those arguments from you? Are you sure? Are you wisely scrutinizing your own beliefs?
You have made so many accusations against God (My God is your God, whether you like it or not (there is only One God, and He came down from heaven one time in human form and proved His right to put to death all sinners by taking their death Himself) It's hard to pick and choose which of your statements to address. It's hard to keep focus on what is really important. What is really important to you is you. Where will you spend eternity? Who are you going to believe and trust for the beginning of what ends when your body expires? You do have blind faith. Your faith is blind in that you are going to who knows where, and you do not know where and you are going strong in your belief that you do not have to be afraid of the fire of hell. The Bible definition of faith is much more accurate than the Webster's Dictionary definition. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1) Faith is substance and evidence that shows in action. The things you do and say show your faith. You are putting your faith in uncertainty, certain only of death.
There is no uncdertainty in God. Your uncertainty is due to your own pride. You are owning your own death and God wants to own you. He paid for you with His own blood to buy you back from the death you have earned.....and you have earned it the same as Adam earned his death by breaking God's law, which brings me to the one thing you said that is absolutley right apart from your captialization of the word "Sin". I"ll have to start from this point in the next round.
Finalfan

Pro

People generally do not want to believe on Jesus because they prefer the pleasures of their own sin all the way to death and knowingly or unknowingly into the fire of hell."

That is a fallacious statement. Jesus is the savior from sin. You know that you cannot be separated from sin in your human body so Jesus makes it ok that you are sinful. My argument is that SIN DOES NOT EXIST. Anything you can interpret as sin is natural biological functions.. Like Malice, Lust, Envy..etc. These are all biological functions and nothing to be ashamed of. We were created with these functions and not acting on them would be like asking a watch not to keep time. Luckily we have a golden rule.. Do unto others.. follow that and you shall be rewarded with self respect and dignity. Harming others and self indulgence are punishable on earth.. usually if someone has the capacity to harm another they themselves are tortured and do not love themselves.. that is punishment enough! Not to mention we have laws to deter from such behavior.. so again if you commit acts of "sin" you will suffer for it while living in your human body! Also self indulgence leads to obvious punishment like health problems and social repercussions!

" I believe they would fear God and ask Him for mercy based on the blood He gave on the cross"

Why created such a convoluted ritual when simple guidance would suffice! If we are indeed Gods children.. Why does he go through so much trouble to hide himself in human imagination. What you see as a relationship with God.. I see as a form of schizophrenia. You cannot be sure that your imagination is not powerful enough to actually create this "God" to relate to!

"God won't be patient forever with those who trample the blood of His Son in preference of their pride and sin."

I think it is far worse to actually believe in God and still sin against him! If I truly believed in an all powerful God I would watch every step I take.. I would take responsibility for every action.. hypocrisy is at the heart of all those who believe in him! Luckily I don't.. In fact I believe God is everything and Judgment means God judging himself!

"Your multitude of accusations against God and the helter skelter approach of arguments against anything that seems unfair or hard to accept for you make it hard to keep a focus"

That is why I come here.. I could care less about proper formats and winning votes. I have all of this brimming my mind and it spills out.. You can take the time to address anything you like but you seem to be steadfast in your approach where I feel as though nothing I say is being addressed! Answer my questions regardless of the chaotic rantings that I produce because they are valid concerns nonetheless.

"The problem is death. The questions is "what happens to me after my time in my dying body is over?" Why in the world would you listen to people who say you cannot really know what happens or where you will go when your death is finalized"

Ahh the root if this debate. First off I do not listen to anyone on this subject because frankly NO ONE KNOWS. If they have anything to say on this subject it comes from either preference or imagination! If anyone tells me they know God exists or that they know How existence came to be or what happens after death.. IT IS A LIE. I stand firm in that because it is honest truth. We simply do not know regardless of our inability to let it go and embrace the unknown! Trust me this is not lost on me but it is out of my control! What will happen to us after death is anyone's guess and I do not expect us to ever accept that.. We are control freaks by nature and our fear of the unknown drives us to pretend we know the outcome!

You made this too short.. I have barely scratched the surface and could use about 10000 characters per round!
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

One thing you said right, early in round 2, was " you have to know that a Benevolent all powerful creator would have no room in his creation for Sin." The only thing wrong here is the capitalization of the word "sin". In Round 3 you insist there is no such thing as sin, and state that bodily functions justify bad behaviour such as lust ( I assume you mean unbridled lust most commonly referred to as speaking of sexual engagements or desires outside of marriage), malice, (malice is a bodily function? harmful behaviour toward other people is a bodily function and ok because it's natural to be malicious?) So if you have the urge to hurt someobody or you have sexually arousing feelings alone or toward or with anybody or anyting any where at any time, it's only a normal bodily function and there is nothing wrong with indulging that bodily funtion whenever you feel the urge of lust? You are exempt from any standard and excused from any responsibily of self-contol?
Let me repeat and try to explain again what sin is. Sin is the breaking of God's law. If you steal from me, you have sinned against me and you have sinned against God. If you commit adultery, you have sinned against your partner, against your own body, and against God. You do these things by choice or you choose not to do them when presented with the temptation or opportunity. Theft is not a bodly funtion, it is a choice. Sex outsite of marriage is a choice, not simply a bodily function like breathing or eating. If in malice not in self defense you physically attack me or somebody else to vent your anger, that is by choice. In acting on that choice, you sin against the person you strike maliciously, and you sin against God. All sin is first against God and may or may not be against another person. If you think your own thoughts and words are the answer for you, then you are idolizing your self, making your self your own God, sinning against God in pride denying Him the honor and obedience He deserves for creating you.
Returning to your statement ".......you have to know that a Benevolent all powerful creator would have no room in his creation for Sin." : You are right, I know this. God is not good if he tolerates sin. What good would heaven be if sin is allowed there as it is allowed for the time being on earth? What good would God be if he allowed law breaking to go unpunished? Why should anybody hold back from satisfying themselves however they feel like doing even in theft or murder if death is relief from punishment? Many crimes go unpunished in the world, many murders and thefts and rapes and molestations go unpunished in this world. What good is God if He does not punish the breaking of His law (sin)? There is no room in God's creation for sin. You said it well: " He will put it all away from himself one day. He will not uncreate sinners in order to rid his creation of sin. He will leave all who insist on rebelling against His law in confinement of hell when He runs out of patience waiting for people like you to concede that He is good and His law is good and He has the right to put away in eternal fire those who insist they have the right to continue breaking His law in whatever way they see fit. You said it well ".....you have to know that a Benevolent all powerful creator would have no room in his creation for Sin.". God is benevolent and all powerful (omnipotent) and has no room in his creation for sin. All sin will be confined to and consumed in fire of hell with those who stand in their own right disregarding God's law. God's righteous judgement shows He is good. Why not concede that you have broken God's law and you do not deserve a place in His heaven? You said it right. There is no place for you in God's creation other than the fire of hell where your sin will be confined to burn with those who are consumed with it.....sin burning passion against God like the fire that burns the sinners.
Finalfan

Pro

Look.. I'm gonna make this short because we cannot find common ground here and are both just spewing out hot air.. The point of this debate is not "Does it exist" Neither of us have proper knowledge to debate absolutes on this topic.. This was suppose to illustrate whether or not it is repulsive. You seem very adept at giving me information I have already been informed of a million times before.. The problem that you cannot see is that it only fortifies my belief that it is in fact a repulsive belief system! Your unbending rigid system is of no interest to me for the many reasons I have given you! It is not desirable and honestly I cannot fathom why anyone would believe in arbitrary superstitions that are detrimental and a bane to human thought and progression! I realize that the human ego is much stronger than even our own responsibilities as humans on this planet.. that is why everything is arse backwards and seems like a huge waste of time.. but that is my ideology where everyone has equality and we unite as one to work towards something amazing! But its not looking good.. human nature does not allow for such dreams and we will continue to fight each other for nothing!
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Not both are spewing hot air. The words I am trying to convey are God's offer of pardon for your sins by taking your place in death as Jesus Christ. This is the love of God in pouring out His wrath against sin on His own body, for the joy set before Him enduring the death on the cross and despising the shame. It's only repulsive hot air to those who insist that they are not so bad that they deserve eternal death in the Lake of Fire. If you reject Jesus Christ as your Saviour, He will reject you and you will be on your own never able to save yourself and God is good and just to execute upon you the eternal separation from Him you chose to hold onto in the time He gave when you could have changed your mind and believed on the LORD JESUS CHRIST. If you receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour, believing that He is risen from the dead and He is God, He will come in to you and you will have eternal life in, with, through, by, and for Him. His promises are good beyond imagination and description for those who love Him. He loves you and wants you to believe and be saved. This is not hot air. All words against Him and His offer of pardon through His blood are hot air, and will be confined one day where it belongs in the fire of hell.........hot fire consuming the hot air. Amen and Amen.
Finalfan

Pro

I can see why you might think you have some knowledge and truth because the bible says you do. I am arguing that the bible is mythology! You don't realize that if you don't believe in the bible it sounds like story book fantasies! The stories I have heard are completely repulsive. From your point of view you simply cannot allow yourself to see it because you keep spewing the same thing over and over again.. ALL REPULSIVE.. I already told you my beliefs and regardless if I'm right or not it is innocuous! You think you are offering me the key to eternal happiness but you end up selling a turd sandwich. I'm telling you I'm not biting! You could spend the rest of your life telling people they are going to burn in hell... but you are wasting your breath because.. YOU DO NOT KNOW! Everything you use as basis for your argument parallels all mythology! Its obvious but you cannot see it! Mythology is great as a fantasy story but when applied to our natural world it is nothing more than human imagination. I drew the line between fantasy and reality which means I do not suffer from psychosis! Again.. you have only strengthened my argument over and over again! The bible and Christianity as a religion is indeed repulsive. I never had to say anything because you proved that for me! You keep saying I'm going to hell as if you KNOW.. I'm telling you that you DO NOT! If you were right it would still prove that our "God" is evil and we are all victims to his design! Either way I will continue to believe in either a God representing all of existence.. or a God that is pure love! Any other deity is beneath me! That's right.. I'm actually better than the God you worship in soooo many ways! "God's Hell" is just the tip of the malevolent iceberg! He commits mass Filicide (murdering his own children) Makes bets with the devil (Job) Instructs the stoning of innocent people (including women who have been raped) designed a world that induces suffering (parasites, pestilence, natural disasters) Demands worship under penalty of eternal torture (egomaniac devil).. etc.. How is this a benevolent God? This is his design (according to you) In which he refuses to acknowledge his responsibility for! It simply does not line up.. it cannot be real.. or we are ALL doomed.. One thing I can say for sure is.. If there is a hell, I will see you there!
Posted by Strycora 2 years ago
Strycora
Finalfan... Beautiful debate.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Debate reinstated for further voting.......good arguements here.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I'm trying to ignore people who have proudly and boldly exposed themselves as dirty perverts. Sometimes the icon picture they use is enough to see they are sick dirty perverts, sometimes they show it in their comments when they talk dirty to whoever they think might be vulnerable.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
mortwhale you moron, the voting was over a long time ago. You should agree with God that He has the right to punish you for your sin against him, and not get hung up on who wins or loses in a debate that ended a long time ago.
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
So I assume we should vote Pro on this debate since Con went off topic of 'Is christianity repulsive' and instead went into 'Why you should believe in god or suffer in eternal hell-fire.' But then again, Pro went off topic as well.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
I think an Intelligent God would have a sense of humor and George Carlin and Bill Maher would be on his Heavenly guest list for his entertainment.

Sorry, grumpy sods like LMGiG would most probably be kicked out for being too dull and delusional.

:-D~
Posted by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
You seem to lack the ability to comprehend a lack of belief in God. It is very easy to think you are smarter than something that does not exist. It is very easy to not be afraid of something that does not exist. The fact that God has never gone out of His way to punish an atheist for speaking out against God (anymore than He punishes various Christians and non-Christians alike for any random reason) could be enough to give most of us the confidence to continue speaking as we do. If God ever decided to actually show Himself, people might change the way they acted a bit. But until then, talking the way you do just makes you look like the crazy guy on the subway, rambling non-sense to the rest of us.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
How do you know it's God who is stupid and dumb and not you? What makes you think you are smarter than God? What makes you think that you are justified by your own existence and God does not care how ugly you are to Him? You don't know Him who you are messing with........you don't want to know because you love your dirty pleasures and don't want to renounce them. You don't want to know who God is becaue you want to believe your existence is self-justified and you can excuse yourself from hell fire......you are wrong. I'm done.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
How long do you think God is going to tolerate your garbage? You think He should let you off the hook the way you speak against Him? are you smoking dope? You are hooked on your own sin and loving it all the way to death and hell fire and somehow you think the louder you are, the stronger you are, and you can't add one day to the span of your time under the sun which is running out fast. You will appear before the Judge you hate, and you think He is not going to have you cast away to burn in he garbage pit of hell fire where your stinking dirty garbage belongs?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Bill Maher is a great leader for you guys........the blind leading the blind and both falling into the ditch, applauding themselves as they go down untill they wake up in the fire of hell.
Vote Placed by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFinalfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides veered way off topic and got into a personal debate about God. Both sides were disappointing, but at least Pro addressed the issue at hand to a small extent. Thus Pro gets the convincing arguments vote. Otherwise, it was a terrible debate for people who want to read about how repulsive (or not) Christianity is.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFinalfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was far more solid, Con's argument consisted of a conglomerate of fallacies. Con lost the Conduct point for Proselytizing. Trying to indoctrinate/proselytize your opponent is never good conduct.
Vote Placed by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFinalfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't give any argument or rebuttal for his position. If anything, he made it clear that Pro was right. Sure, Pro tried debating this topic from the wrong side. He was attacking the existence of hell and the viability of the bible, but he also gave reasons to think hell is something repulsive in any case. The only responses were "What if hell is real?" which doesn't change anything. This case might be arguable for the Con side, but in this debate, Pro definitely gave the best arguments, and the only ones.