JuanJuanicotena
Eyal15

Is Cristiano Ronaldo experiencing a decline in his skill level?

Started: 6/5/2017 Category: Sports

JuanJuanicotena

Con

In my opinion Cristiano Ronaldo is NOT experiencing a decline in his skill level because this last month he has been a key factor to Real Madrid.
Eyal15

Pro

For my opinion, Cristiano Ronaldo is decreasing in his level of skill. First of all, as shown in many kinds of researches and statistics, the number of goals and assits Roanldo made was decreasing in the last number of seasons. His level of skill is also not as good. Days ago, Ronaldo was faster then a lot of defenders in Europe, making them fall on the ground, but now-days many defenders can catch up to him and win the ball.
JuanJuanicotena

Con

You are saying that they made many kinds of researches and statistics, could you tell me where did you get that from? Also according to www.soccerbase.com, Ronaldo has scored 285 goals in the league of Spain for Real Madrid and in Manchester United he had 85 goals. While in the champions league Ronaldo is the TOP scorer in football history, by scoring his 100th goal against Bayern Munchen. You also said that he was faster than some defenders and now he is not, could you tell me what defenders did you mean?
Eyal15

Pro

Ok, http://messivsronaldo.net... if you enter this website you will see Ronaldo's stats against Messi's stats. Clearly, it is shown that Ronaldo has fewer goals and assists when he moved to Real Madrid compared to Messi. Talking about pace, Ronaldo is clearly losing his level of skill. http://www.sportbible.com... In this article you can clearly see that Ronaldo's dribbling stats have decreased by 0.5% during his development in Real Madrid. That's why I stated that many players win the ball from him very easily compared to years ago.
JuanJuanicotena

Con

Messi and Ronaldo are two different players, we are comparing what Ronaldo once was to what he is now, so the first website is irrelevant. Ronaldo didn't have as much goals as he has now when he was in Manchester United, this shows that he is a key player to Real Madrid. In champions league Cristiano scored 5 goals againts Bayern Munchen, 3 against Atletico Madrid and 2 in the final which was against Juventus. You also said that many players win the ball easily from him, if that was true he wouldn't have 4 ballon d'or. Three of them was when he was in Real Madrid.
Eyal15

Pro

First of all, I'm not saying that he completely destroyed himself in Real Madrid. He is still a great player in my opinion, but I think that his level of skill is decreasing. I agree with you that Ronaldo still scores and is still one of the best in the world. But as stats show year by year he is decreasing. https://www.quora.com... Here you can read that he has decreased in his level of skill. And like I said before he is still a major player for the team and will always be, but as shown his stats are decreasing. Also, as we are talking about his years in Manchester United compared to his years in Real Madrid, you can clearly notice that he was much pacier and skillful at Manchester United as he created chances, scored and contributed to the team. He does the same thing in Real Madrid, but I can still see that age has changed his style of play and now he plays as a box striker, when before he used to play as a pacy winger. So again, Ronaldo is a great player, but when age changes so does his skill and style of play. I can see that he is still great because he knows how to use his skills in any condition. But yes, I think I have clearly stated my idea about Ronaldo's skills and how they are decreasing.
JuanJuanicotena

Con

I agree with you on the last part, Cristiano has decreased his pace and changed his style of play. But at the same time Ronaldo has more experience on shots and free kicks than ever before! Ronaldo is know as the third best kicker in football history. So just because he has decreased his pace doesn't mean that he has decreased on his level. Also you are saying that Ronaldo was better when he was in Manchester United and that his stats decreased. Well that's not true. In my opinion Ronaldo is a the top of his level right now, but not decreasing. Like all the good players some games can be bad for them, but that doesn't mean that they are decreasing his level. For example Messi's 13/14 season was very bad for him because he didn't win anything but the next season he won the ballon'dor.
To conclude I wanna say that Ronaldo IS NOT decreasing his level right now because he is at the top of his game and he is a key player to Real Madrid.
Eyal15

Pro

Again, I'm not saying Ronaldo has decreased because of his move from Manchester United to Real Madrid, what I'm trying to say is that his skill is decreasing with age and his style of play his different. Now he is known for scoring goals inside the box, like headers and from crosses. At Manchester United, he had the ball a lot more on his feet than in the air. Yes, his style of play has changed and that does mean that his skill has decreased. He can still be a top player and even the best in the world, but you to agree with me that his level of skill is decreasing by time and sooner or later he will retire... So again, Ronaldo is a top player with a lot of good skill, but as I stated back in his old years his football was better and his skill was better when he was beating players easily, creating chances and scoring, now he still scores many goals, but does not have the same skill as before and day by day he is going down mentally and physically.