Looj
Erossucks123

Is DC better than Marvel in terms of tv and movies?

Erossucks123

Looj

Pro

I still think that the DC world of tv and movies are indeed better than Marvel. It's plots are more compelling, characters are more like able and in the lines of story telling, it's easier to understand as well. Marvel on the other hand, is a rash,misguided and often confusing world. Especially in the way their comics and shows are setup. My argument stands that DC's immaculate world of rich storytelling in its movies and television shows are submissive and understated, thus most of its best sellers are either unidentified or canceled. But, it is because of this that makes it better than marvel counterparts. So who's with me on this? DC or marvel? It's DC, I hope.
Erossucks123

Con

Marvel has better actors better special effects and more story to their movies. Not to mention all the very popular tv shows such as just off off the top of my head, Ultimate spiderman, Hulk agents of smash,Avengers earths mightiest heroes, agents of shield,agent carter, all the spiderman shows. Not to mention the extremely popular avengers movie which is one of the highest grossing movies ever.
Looj

Pro

Yes, but you see you're talking about profitability. And fanatics. Whereas, I'm talking about the works. Storyline, plot, the excitement of the shows. This requires creativity, and originality. Plus, if you put money and fans in the mix. What you end up with is just something that you want people to watch, just to earn money. Some, if not, most of the creative process of film making is lost, as the script writers and producers are forced to make something jargon and unoriginal, just for people willing to watch the damn thing. To keep people happy and also to make lots of money. I'd much rather watch something original like, Superman vs Batman, than something made for the fans, Avengers, maybe just to get box office no 1. And, if I'm right in saying, something original has greater potential to have a better storytelling, than something made for fanatics of a tall guy in a spandex suit and a bin lid.
Erossucks123

Con

The marvel movies have had very well written plots as well as action scenes. The fan base for the marvel movies is huge and they bring up heroes that people never think of and then turns them into an extremely popular movie such as the guardians of the galaxy. Dc is just trying to catch up with marvel now they are rushing the JLA movie and the new man of steel movie and the actors in the marvel movies are pretty famous too
Looj

Pro

Famous actors don't count, talented ones do. Man of steel had both. So's the upcoming 'Superman bs Batman'. So's, if I'm right, the upcoming DC movies, like JLA.So it's a pretty compelling note to end this argument by saying that DC shows and movies are indeed better Marvel ones. I rest my case.
Erossucks123

Con

Yes but marvel has extremely talented actors such as
Robert Downey Jr. ...
Tony Stark / Iron Man
Chris Evans ...
Steve Rogers / Captain America
Mark Ruffalo ...
Bruce Banner / The Hulk
Chris Hemsworth ...
Thor
Scarlett Johansson ...
Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Jeremy Renner ...
Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Tom Hiddleston ...
Loki
Clark Gregg ...
Agent Phil Coulson
Cobie Smulders ...
Agent Maria Hill
Stellan Skarsg"rd ...
Selvig
Samuel L. Jackson ...
Nick Fury
Gwyneth Paltrow ...
Pepper Potts
(From imdb)
As well as having the better plots and fan base while also coming out with more and better mobiles then dc
Thusly I have to say that Marvel is better than DC movie and tv wise
Posted by Erossucks123 1 year ago
Erossucks123
i agree but you have to admit that the cartoons for marvel are still pretty good
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Actually at the moment, DC has much better tv shows (Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham are my favorite shows, and they're producing more spin offs like a super girl show and a show about The Atom and possibly Firestorm). Those shows are all brilliantly written.

Marvel has much better movies, and signficantly more movies and a more well thought out plan. When it comes to movies, DC just seems like it's trying to keep up with Marvel by hyper-accelerating plots. Man of Steel is technically the first movie in this franchise, and they're already trying to start justice league in the Man of Steel 2 movie, because they've failed at keeping up with marvel. The dark night trilogy was great, but marvel still has it on movies.

That's an argument for each side and it's my honest opinion, which should probably just be a fact.
Posted by Erossucks123 1 year ago
Erossucks123
everybody loves the marvel
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 1 year ago
dynamicduodebaters
LoojErossucks123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: So- Pro, your spelling and grammar is perfect. con- not so much. BUT, con actually had specific names and ideas where as pro is just stating stuff without support.
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 1 year ago
DarthKirones
LoojErossucks123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD -- Conduct: Both debaters behaved properly, thus, I am awarding no one this point. S&G: Both made errors, but I feel that pro had less. Arguments: I believe that in the title, the word "better" was not defined until after it should have been, so both debaters debated from different angles and had separate definitions of "Better", so I feel that no one get's the arguments point. Sources: Con actually credited a source, so he gets that point. Advice for both debaters, properly define the resolution and rules IN THE FIRST ROUND. Other than that, good job to both.